初二下英语？人教-朗文？单元复习题Unit 25 The accident
2004JEFC BOOK II Unit 25 The accident
1. I _______ (listen) to the radio at eight yesterday evening. What ______ you ______ (do)
at that time?
2. He _______ (not stop) playing football until his father arrived. 3. If Kate _______ (come) tomorrow, I _______ (give) her the message. 4. Look! The sports car _______ (run) very fast.
5. He _______ (see) a watch ________ (lie) on the ground when he got to the school gate.
6. A: What _____ Tom _______ (do) when you _______ (get) to school? B: He _________ (play) basketball with his classmates.
A: What about Jack?
B: Oh, he ________ (watch) them _______ (play).
A: Look! There are a lot of people over there. What is 1_______?
B: Maybe it’s an_2______. Is anybody 3_______?
C: Yes. A man was _4______ his bike too fast and _5______ the truck. He got badly hurt.
A: What a pity ! I’m _6_______ to hear that.
C: A boy soon telephoned the police. Now they are sending the man to the __7______. B: What a good boy ! Who is he?
C: It's me.
A: It’s _8______ to travel too fast in the street. We must be _9______. C: Yes, we must . Oh, what’s the _10____?
B: Half past eight.
C: I’m late for school. Goodbye.
________ ________ ________ him. _________, he was not _______ ________. He ________ ________ _________ in no time.
He ______ ________ the bag _______ it was ______ late. He _______ ________ his bike and
________ on the road.
3. 当我们在谈论那起事故时， 李雷匆匆赶去打电话报警。
________ we were _________ __________ the accident, Li Lei _______ ________ ________
__________ the police.
Mr. Chen ________ ________ the classroom ________ ________ _________ under his arm.
Jack is ________ __________ young man. I see him _______ ________.
1. The park is very beautiful. (改为感叹句)
2. She may come to see me tomorrow. ？改同义句？
3. My father left home after my mother came back. (改同义句)
4. He was playing the computer games when I got to his home. (对划线部分提问)
5. He is taking care of his grandfather. (对划线部分提问)
There are t 1 many accidents in c 2 . Accidents often happen when people c 3 the
Be careful when it is raining. Many accidents happen then. People are in a h 4 because they
do not want to get w 5 . They often cross the roads quickly. Often they can’t see c 6
because they hold umbrellas in front of t 7 . Remember that cars take longer to stop when t 8 road is wet. When it’s raining, we must b 9 more careful, not l 10 careful.
1. ________ 2. __________ 3. __________ 4. __________ 5. __________ 6. ________ 7. __________ 8. __________ 9. __________ 10. _________
1. I saw the bottle _______ off the building.
A. drop B. dropping C. fall D. falling
2. I was doing my homework _______ somebody knocked at the door. A. when B. while C. as D. for
3. Mr. Wang lost his key. He is now trying _______ the door. A. open B. to open C. opening D. opens
4. John is teaching himself _______ a car.
A. drive B. drives C. driving D. to drive 5. The classroom is not as clean _______.
A. usually B. as usual C. than usual D. so usual 6. ________ are music lovers. They listen to music every day.
A. The Smith’s B. The Smiths C. Mr. Smith family D. The Smithes
7. May I have a look _______ your picture?
A. / B. for C. at D. after
8. Mum soon made her baby ________.
A. stopped crying B. to stop crying C. stop to cry D. stop crying 9. It is kind ______ you to carry water _______ Granny Li.
A. for; for B. of; of C. for; of D. of; for 10. Don’t forget to tell him the news, ________?
A. do you B. will you C. does he D. will he 11. Let’s get ______ the train at the next station.
A. of B. out C. off D. from
12. Yesterday Mary ______ some books _______ birds from the library. A. lend, on B. lent, about C. borrowed, on D. borrow; in 13. It’s very kind ______ you to help me ______ my English.
A. for, / B. of, / C. for, with D. of, with 14. There _______ the bus. Let’s hurry ______.
A. will come; down B. comes; up C. come; up D. came; off 15. I ______ an interesting story when you _______ at the door. A. read; knock B. was reading; knocked C. am reading; were knocking D. read; knocked
16. Mr. Chen is going to teach _______ English next term.
A. we B. our C. us D. ours
17. We _______ a Chinese lesson at this time yesterday. A. are having B. have C. were having D. had
18. I was working in the garden ______ it began to rain. A. when B. before C. after D. as soon as
19. My son is good at _________.
A. playing piano B. play the piano C. playing the piano D. play a piano
20. The chicken tastes as _______ as it smells.
A. well B. good C. better D. best
W. H. Harrison, the ninth president of the USA was 1 in a small town. 2 he was a boy,
he was very quiet and shy. He was so quiet that everyone 3 he was not clever. The people
of the town liked to play tricks on him . For 4 , they often 5 a nickel (五分硬币)
and a dime (一角硬币) in front of him and told him to choose 6 . He 7 chose the
nickel and then they all laughed at him.
One day a woman asked him, “Why do you always choose the nickel instead of the dime? Don’t you know that a dime is 8 than a nickel?”
“Certainly, I know it,” he answered slowly. “But 9 I choose the dime, they 10
play the trick on me any more.”
1. A. lived B. liked C. born D. living
2. A. As B. When C. Such D. Because
3. A. thinks B. thought C. feels D. felt
4. A. that B. it C. ever D. example
5. A. put B. took C. carried D. gave
6. A. it B. that C. one D. two
7. A. never B. always C. usually D. often
8. A. expensive B. cheap C. cheaper D. dearer
9. A. if B. when C. only D. also
10. A. don’t B. will C. won’t D. would
What is the best way to learn a language? We should remember that we all learned our own language well when we were children. If we could learn a second language in the same way, it would not seem so difficult. Just think of what a small child does. It listens to what people say and tries to imitate (模仿) what it hears. When it wants something, it has to ask for it. It is using the language, speaking in it, and thinking in it all the time. If people had to use a second language all the time, they would learn it quickly.
We learn our own language by hearing people speak it, not by seeing what they write. We imitate what we hear. In school, though you learn to read and write as well as to hear and speak, it is better to learn all the new words through the ears. You can read them, spell them, and write them later.
1. Everyone learned his own language when he _______.
A. was at home B. was a child C. was a student D. was at school 2. A small child learns to say by ________.
A. hearing what people sing B. seeing what people write
C. imitating what people say D. remembering what people do
3. People can learn a language quickly if they _______.
A. imitate it in the same way B. ask the teacher for help
C. use it from time to time D. hear it often
4. It’s better to learn new words through _________ first.
A. reading B. spelling C. listening D. writing
5. We learn our own language by ________.
A. hearing people speak it B. seeing people write it
C. seeing people imitate it D. imitating what people write
Two men named Jack and Joe were walking along a road one hot summer morning. They were very thirsty and wanted very much to have a glass of cold beer, but they had no money.
“I can get some beer for us without money,” said Jack. “Come with me.”
They went to a pub about one kilometer away. It was lunch time and a lot of people were in the pub. The owner was selling drinks at one end of the long bar while a waiter was selling drinks
at the other end.
“My friend and I can’t agree,” Jack went up to the owner and said, “ I say there are two glasses
in a litre (升) and he says there are four.”
“You’re right,” said the owner. “There are only two glasses in a litre.”
“Thank you,” said Jack, and went over to Joe. He was standing at the other end of the bar.
He asked for two glasses of beer and told the waiter that the owner was going to pay for it. Then
he called out loudly, “You did say two glasses, didn’t you?”
“Yes, that’s right. Two glasses.” The owner called back. So they drank the beer with great
enjoyment and then they walked out of the pub.
1. Why did they want very much to have cold beer?
A. They were happy. B. They were thirsty.
C. They were tired. D. They were hungry.
2. They wanted to get the beer without paying money because _______. A. they were friends of the owner B. they had no money C. there were many people in the pub D. they wanted to keep the money 3. There were a lot of people in the pub because ________.
A. it was lunch time B. it was very hot
C. the beer was very good there D. it was a good pub 4. _______ said that there were two glasses in a litre.
A. Only Jack B. Only Joe C. Only the owner D. Jack and the owner 5. Jack was _______ than Joe.
A. cleverer B. angrier C. taller D. richer
合逻辑的短文。 (共l 5分)
4！选择下列词语，rush hour cross make sure come over traffic rules 开头已给出 : Last Monday, Tim got up at 7 40 in the morning.
2004JEFC BOOK II Unit 25 The accident
1. was listening; were; doing 2. didn’t stop 3. comes; will give 4. is running 5. saw; lying
6. was; doing; got; was playing; was watching; playing
1. happening 2. accident 3. hurt 4. riding 5. hit 6. sorry 7. hospital 8. dangerous 9. careful 10. time
1. Don’t worry about; Luckily; hurt badly; came to himself
2. didn’t see; until; too; fell off; lay
3. While; talking about; hurried off to call
4. went into; with a book
5. an eighteen-year-old; coming over
1. How beautiful the park is!
2. Maybe she will come to see me tomorrow.
3. My father didn’t leave home until my mother came back.
4. What was he doing when you got home?
5. Who(m) is he taking care of?
1. too 2. cities 3. cross 4. hurry 5. wet 6. clearly 7. them 8. the 9. be 10. less
1-5. C A B D B 6-10. B C D D B
11-15. C C D B B 16-20. C C A C B
VII.完形填空1-5. C B B D A 6-10. C B D A C
(A)1-5. B C C C A (B)1-5. B B A D A
Last Monday, Tim got up at 7 : 40 in the morning. It. was the rush hour. He rode his bike to school very fast. He was crossing the street when a car came at that moment. Tim' s bike hit the
car and he fell to the ground heavily. The driver was very kind and stopped to make sure that Tim
was all right. Then a policeman came over. He told Tim to ride more slowly next time and it was
dangerous. Tim thanked him and went to school. All of the young men should obey the traffic