SS3 Quantitative Methods
9. Common Probability Distribution
10. Sampling and Estimating.
11. Hypothesis Testing.
12. Technical Analysis.
• Normal Distribution
• Computing Z-scores
• Binomial Models and Tree Construction
• Roy’s safety First Ratio安全第一法则
Discrete vs. Continuous Random Variables
• A discrete random variable is one where we can list all the possible outcomes and for
each possible outcome there is a measurable, positive probability.
• A continuous random variable is one for which the number of possible outcomes is
infinite, even if lower and upper bounds exist.