PHOENIX PARK ‘N SWAP GENERAL INFORMATION
thThe Phoenix Park ‘n Swap is located at 3801 E. Washington St, Phoenix, AZ (Southwest corner of 40 St and
Washington). Our mailing address is: Phoenix Park ‘n Swap, P.O. Box 61953, Phoenix, AZ 85082-1953. Our
phone number is 602-273-1250 and 800-772-0852.
OFFICE HOURS PHONE SALE HOURS (advance sale only)
Monday Closed Closed
Tuesday Closed 10:00am-2:00pm
Wednesday 4:00pm-8:00pm 4:00pm-8:00pm
Thursday Closed Closed
Friday 9:00am-2:00pm 9:00am-2:00pm
Sat and Sun 9:00am-2:00pm 9:00am-2:00pm
Credit Card Sales only (Visa, MC, Discover)
SWAP MEET HOURS (Year Round) TICKET BOOTH HOURS (current day sales)
Wed Night 4:00pm-10:00pm 2:00pm-6:00pm
Fri AM 6:00am-Noon 6:00am-8:00am
Sat and Sun 6:00am-4:00pm 6:00am-8:00am
A) All swap meet spaces are sold on a reservation basis. Vendors must have a valid space ticket before entering space sales lot or occupying a space. Vendors may purchase space tickets in advance for any day within the current month. Space tickets go on sale for the following month on the Friday prior to the last full weekend of the month. Wednesday space tickets for the following month are available on the last Wednesday of the month. B) CASH and CREDIT CARDS (Visa, M/C, Discover) ARE ACCEPTED. NO CHECKS.
C) Government issued photo ID is required to purchase space reservations and to sell merchandise. D) All regular spaces are approximately 9’x21’; most corner locations are approximately 11’x21’
E) We suggest vendors purchase reservations in advance but if that is not possible vendors may purchase threservations on the day of the event. Current day spaces are purchased at the Ticket Booth located in the 40 St
F) There will be a $10.00 SURCHARGE added to each ticket price when the space is purchased on the same day as the event. The only exception is on Friday. SPACE SALES END at 8:00am on Fri, Sat, and Sun and at 6:00pm on Wed.
G) No vehicles may be driven on the lot after 8:30am on Fri, Sat, and Sun and after 6:30pm on Wed. (See policies and guidelines for additional details regarding this policy)
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS, RAINCHECKS OR EXCHANGES ALLOWED
TAX IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICES LISTED
Friday Morning: $5.00 each (all spaces). Advertisers and Service Vendors: $100.00
*$2.00 added to same day reservations for Friday
Wednesday Night, Saturday and Sunday (per space, per day)
Main Aisle Corner $47.00
South End Corner $27.00
Auto Row $20.00 (current day sales only)
Advertisers and Service Vendors $100.00 (ie:Realtors,Mortgage,Satellite,flier distribution,credit,etc.)
Page 1 of 5
VENDOR POLICIES AND GUIDELINES:
The following is a list of policies and guidelines that all Park 'n Swap vendors must follow. If you have any questions concerning any of the following, please contact the Ticket Office. Management may prohibit the sale of any merchandise that it believes to be detrimental to the integrity of its operation. Any failure to comply may result in cancellation of contract and/or expulsion from the park. Questions or concerns should be directed to the Ticket Office.
The following may not be brought onto the lot:
1.Alcohol (including beer). Cigarettes, food or beverages of any kind except for personal consumption, Guns and/or ammunition (including BB and Paintball Guns), drug paraphernalia, Salsa Makers, obscene/pornographic material (magazines, movies, etc.) blowguns, throwing stars, nunchaku (brass knuckles, all knives and all defense sprays
must be sold with proper discretion and to individuals 18 years old and older).
Smoke bombs, fireworks, anything flammable, explosive, any noxious items, open fires of any kind or any other hazardous materials (including snap caps). Petitions, political or religious material (includes handbills, fliers, pamphlets, etc.) unless approved by Management. Counterfeit merchandise (including but not limited to): cassette tapes, CDs, clothing, handbags, DVD's, movie tapes and watches. Violators are subject to prosecution.
Games of chance, skill, raffles or drawings are not allowed.
Specialty merchandise must be approved by the Sales Manager before being sold.
2. All reservations expire at 8:00am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings and at 6:00pm on Wednesdays. No vehicles will be admitted on to the property after those times. Swap meet ends at 4:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays, 2:00pm on Fridays and 10:00pm on Wednesdays. Due to liability issues, all vehicles in selling area must be removed or parked in paid spaces by 8:30am on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and 6:30pm on Wednesdays.
3. During peak shopping times, the gates will be locked. Vendors and shoppers will not be permitted to drive their vehicles on the lot to exit or to enter. This includes shoppers picking up merchandise, vendors arriving late or vendors wanting to leave early. Vendors are responsible for delivering customer merchandise to the entrance gates as necessary. Peak shopping times do change with the weather and season, and will be determined by management.
4. In the event of a true emergency or if a vendors sells out of merchandise, and needs to drive their vehicle off the lot during peak shopping hours, then the vendor must contact the Ticket Office who will then have an employee escort the vehicle to the nearest exit gate. Vendors also have the option of parking in the customer parking lot and hand-carrying merchandise to and from the selling area.
5. The speed limit on the lot is 3mph. Anyone found to be driving in excess of this limit is subject to being banned from the property.
6. Licensed drivers with valid vehicle insurance are permitted to drive on the lot for set-up and exiting. Unlicensed drivers are not permitted
7. Sub leasing of spaces is not permitted. All space transfers must be made by the Park 'n Swap Ticket Office.
8. All vendors must possess a current day seller's ticket before passing any entrance gate. Anyone who does not possess a seller's ticket will be charged the admission fee to walk in. Employees of vendors will be charged the
admission fee if they enter separately from the vendor. All vendors must have the correct ticket properly displayed for the particular day and weekend.
9. No one will occupy a space without first purchasing a ticket.
10. All vendors are responsible for checking space tickets before exiting the Ticket Booth or the Ticket Office.
The park is not responsible for weather or any Acts of God. There are no refunds, rain checks or exchanges.
Page 2 of 5
11. All vendors must maintain their displays within the lines of the space and all canopies or tarps must be properly
secured without damaging the pavement (including canopy poles left over night by contract vendors). Any injuries or damage caused by canopies, tarps or displays is the responsibility of the vendor.
12. No animals of any kind will be allowed on the lot for any reason, with the exception of animals assisting physically challenged persons.
13. For the safety of vendors and shoppers, no roller skates, skateboards, bicycles or any human powered vehicles are to be ridden or operated on the lot with the exception of wheelchairs.
14. All radios, tape players, microphones, etc. must be maintained at a minimum volume according to management discretion. Failure to comply may result in eviction from the lot.
15. All generators must be clean and quiet as directed by management.
16. All vendors offering any type of service must have prior approval from the Office.
17. Soliciting, walking sales, free giveaways, drawings, surveys, opinion polls, raffles and/or petitions are not allowed without the express permission of the Park Management.
18. All vendors must remove their trash from the lot or be subject to a substantial fee and/or possibly banned from future sales on the premises. Dumpsters may be used by vendors but all boxes or other bulky materials must be broken down to take up less space.
19. All vendors are responsible for their own merchandise, equipment, their actions and the actions of their employees. Vendors must maintain control of their children at all times.
20. All vendors selling new merchandise or who sell more than three days in one year are required to have a City of Phoenix Tax License and a State Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax License. Over the counter drugs, vitamins, etc., require a State issued Pharmaceutical Permit to sell.
21. Vendors must comply with all applicable City, County, State and Federal Laws.
22. Vendors who move into more expensive spaces (i.e.: corners, electric, etc) after reservations expire must due so before 6:30pm on Wednesdays and before 8:30am on Saturdays and Sundays. No vehicles should be moving on the lot after those times. Vendors may move with the assistance of Park ‘n Swap staff only. Vendors will be charged
the upgraded price difference. Also vendors who expand into vacant spaces during the event will be charged full current day price for each space occupied. (Reminder: Reservations expire at 6:00pm on Wednesdays and at 8:00am on Saturdays and Sundays).
23. Swap Meet Operations Report Forms must be filled out correctly and completely for each day in accordance with Phoenix City Ordinance (G-4011) governing Swap Meet operations - City Code, Chapter 10, Article V, Swap Meet Operations.
24. No overnight parking is allowed. No one will be allowed on the park grounds before opening hours on any day. Vehicles found left on the grounds overnight are subject to towing and/or a storage fee.
Page 3 of 5
TAX AND LICENSING
If you are a regular seller at swap meets in Arizona or are selling new merchandise, you must have a State Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax License and a City of Phoenix Privilege Tax License if you are selling within the city boundaries. A regular seller is one who participates in at least four (4) sales per year.
Generally the only sales at a swap meet that is not taxable is food for home consumption. This means both new and used are subject to the tax.
If you have any questions regarding the sales tax licensing and/or collection, please call or write:
For the State: (602) 542-4576 1600 W. Monroe, Phoenix, AZ 85007
For the City: (602) 262-6785 251 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Information concerning Health Permits can be obtained by calling (602) 506-6073 or by writing to the Maricopa County Health Department, 1001 N. Central, Suite 125, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
A Second Hand Dealers License may also be required of professional used merchandise vendors. Information concerning this license should be obtained by contacting the City of Phoenix Privilege Tax Department.
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING A MONTHLY SPACE AGREEMENT (CONTRACT)
1. Vendors wanting the same space location for an extended period of time should visit the Ticket Office to become a Monthly "Contract" Vendor. Vendors must show City of Phoenix and State of Arizona Privilege Tax licenses at time of request.
2. All spaces must be applied for in person.
3. All vendors will be charged a minimal NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee. This fee is for the actual time required for processing.
4. Vendors must purchase at least two weeks of tickets no later than one full week prior to the first weekend of the Space Agreement to avoid cancellation.
VENDORS OFFERING A SERVICE
1) All services advertised or performed must be approved by the Ticket Office and will be approved at the discretion of Park 'n Swap Management.
2. Vendors may not take money unless they are giving an actual product in return. No deposits of any kind (including deposits for layaways) may be taken and no fees collected unless service is provided on the park grounds.
3. Shoppers may volunteer personal information for credit application or for future contact outside of the park, but vendors may not solicit for the information.
4. Park 'n Swap Management must approve all fliers in advance. Upon approval, vendors must remain in space and keep fliers weighted down. No religious or political matter may be advertised or distributed. No drawings or raffles may be held on the lot.
5. No consumable samples may be handed out - including water.
6. Most service vendors are charged $100.00 per space per day.
Page 4 of 5
WAREHOUSE BUILDING, CONTAINER RENTAL, AND STORAGE RENTAL PROCEDURES
1. Buildings or Containers may be requested in the Ticket Office. If there are no buildings or containers available, your name and phone number will be recorded and placed on a list of waiting applicants. Vendors will be notified by phone when space is available.
2. Applicants are processed according to date of request, type of merchandise and available locations.
3. Current building vendors are given first priority for upgrade of building location. Current container vendors requesting upgrades or additional containers are also given first priority. Requests for particular locations are least likely to be placed due to the status of the current vendor occupying the building and prior applicants.
4. First and last month's rent is due upon the signing of the contract and due every month on the 1st day of the month. A minimum of three month's tenancy is required for buildings. Monthly rent is $300.00 per month. This includes the 12' X 15' interior, outside area for displays and electricity.
5. For Containers located on spaces, rent is due on the 1st of each month and is in addition to the space rental fees. Container rental fees range from $150.00 to $300.00 per month depending on container size. A minimum of three months tenancy is required for container lease.
6. For containers located in the storage area, (i.e.: Storage Containers), rent is due on the 1st of each month. Monthly rent is $80.00 per 10’ container per month. A minimum of three months tenancy is required for container lease. First and last month’s rent is due upon the signing of the contract.
7. Building vendors are subject to the same policies and guidelines as outside vendors. EXCEPTION: The expiration times on outside space reservations do not apply to the buildings.
8. City of Phoenix and State of Arizona Privilege Tax Licenses are required before moving into building.
9. Rent is due on the first day of each calendar month. Late payments will be assessed a penalty fee as described in the lease agreement. Late payments may be considered as default of lease and may result in the seizure of merchandise. Access to merchandise may also be denied to vendor by the management.
Thank you for considering American Park ‘n Swap, Inc. If you have any further questions, please call
602-273-1250 locally, or use our toll free number at 800-772-0852, or visit our website at www.americanparknswap.com
Page 5 of 5