40 TRIVIA QUESTIONS – answer sheet available from Pauline
(all disputes will be entered into from a standpoint of complete ignorance)
1. In money slang, how much is a `Pavarotti`? ?10 (a tenor)
2. Which two words is the company name Intel Integrated tecnology
3. What is the original of the word Nylon? From the initials of New York and the
first part of the London
4. Which company brews Harp lager? Guiness
5. Which famous fictional character lives at 4 Harry Potter
Privet Drive, Little Whinging?
6. What type of vehicle would you expect to find A Bobsleigh
on the Cresta Run?
7. What happened in 1961 that won`t happen The year 1961 read the same upside
again for another four thousand years? down, and the same thing wont
happen again until the year 6009 8. Miracle, Kelvedon Wonder, and Meteor are all Pea
types of which vegetable?
9. What is the connection between Ruby, Teddy, Ruby, Teddy, Offa, Lucy and Sadie
Offa, Lucy, Sadie and a famous politician? are the names of David Blunkett`s
10. What name is given to the cabin below an Gondola
11. In 2004, Fathers 4 Justice campaigner Jason Batman
Hatch caused an embarrassing security breach
at Buckingham Palace dressed as who?
12. Which product`s 1987 TV adverts were backed Levis 501 Jeans
by the songs `Stand by me` and `When a man
loves a woman`?
13. Approximately how many rivets were used in 7 million
the Forth Rail Bridge? 1 million, 4 million or 7
14. As at November 2005, what were Eugene Walk on the moon
Cernan and Harrison Schmitt the last men to
15. If a dish is cooked Florentine, what is it cooked Spinach
16. Which annual event took place at Alexandria Miss World
Palace in London in 2002 after rioting forced it
to be moved from Nigeria?
17. Which brewer was the first to introduce the Guinness
`widget` into cans?
18. Since its inception during World War II, the Pigeons
Dicken Medal, which is the animal equivalent
of the Victoria Cross has been worn by which
creature the most times?
19. What would be your hobby if you were Stamp Collecting
interested in a Stanley Gibbons album?
20. How old does a road vehicle need to be to be 25 years old
described as a classic?
21. Which society has its headquarters at The RSPB
Lodge, Sandy in Bedfordshire
22. What is Anginaphobia a fear of? Thickness, Narrowness
Narrowness or Darkness?
23. `Share Moments. Share Life` has been the Kodak
slogan to which worldwide brand?
24. Which island was actor Errol Flynn born on? Tasmania 25. In computer networking what does LAN stand Local Area Network
26. Americans call them Bell Hops, but what do we Porters
call them in Britain?
27. Which religion celebrates the festival of Vesak? Buddhism 28. Which word can mean a parasitic worm, the Fluke
hook of an anchor or a lucky chance?
29. In Britain, what were classified as either A or B Roads
30. In what year were dog licenses abolished in 1987
31. How many loaves and how many fish did 2 fish and 5 loaves
Jesus use to feed 5,000?
32. Flemish bond and English bond are methods of Laying bricks
33. Lord David Sutch was the founder of which UK Official Monster Raving Loony Party
34. What game starts with a squidge off? Tiddlywinks 35. Who are the three male suspects in a game of Colonel Mustard, Reverend Green
Cluedo? and Professor Plum 36. What is the one place in all of Great Britain that House of Commons
the Queen cannot visit?
37. To the nearest 25 miles, how far would a 0 (a London bus runs on diesel)
London bus travel on a full tank of petrol while
driving around the city at an average of 30
miles per hour?
38. What is the name of the holiday company that Saga
caters for the over 50s?
39. What is correct name given to the dot on top of Tittle
the letter `i`?
40. What does the word Cenotaph mean? Empty Tomb