Unit 5 I like biscuits
Part A and B of Unit 5, PEP primary English, book 4. Teaching aims:
1.To mater the words: milk,bread,jam,rice,biscuits,dumplings and
2. To master the sentence pattern:
What do you like?
I like…/ I don’t like….
3.Help the pupils to express their feelings. Important points:
To learn the new words and the sentence pattern. Difficult points:
1. The pronunciation of the new words.
2. To express one’s likes and dislikes.
CAI, word cards, a smiling face and a crying face. Teaching methods:
Task-based approach and situational approach. Teaching procedures:
Step 1 Warming up
2. Sing an song.
Step 2 Presentation
1. Learn the words:
milk,bread,jam,rice,biscuits,dumplings and noodles.
2. Learn the sentence pattern.
3. Play a game—Pick apples.
Step 3 Practice
1. Listen to the video tape and draw a smiling face or a crying face
on the form.
2. Read after the video tape.
3. Role play.
Step 4 Consolidation
Use the sentence pattern to make dialogues. Step 5 Homework
1. Listen and recite the text . 2. Ask the parents’ likes and dislikes.