1.-Whose are these? -They could be Jim’s.
A. toys cars B. toy’s cars C. toy cars D. toy car
2. We moved to Shanghai last month, because my father found there.
A. a piece of work B. a work C. a piece of job D. a piece of works 3. We have seven days off in October .Because October 1st is .
A. the National Day B National Day C. the national day D. the spring Festival 4. Maria got up late this morning. She only ate and a glass of milk for breakfast.
A. two slices of bread B. two slice of bread
C. two bread D. two slices of breads 5. John bought for himself yesterday.
A. two pairs of shoes B. two pair of shoe
C. two pair of shoes D. two pairs shoes 6. I heard that my aunt would come back from Australia.
A. a good news B. a piece of good news
C. a good piece of news D. good news
7. Last night there was a food accident. Eight were ill, but no were
A. child; lives B. children; life C. children; lives D. child; life 8. I think teenagers should make for old people in a bus.
A. room B. a room C. places D. rooms 9. If these pants are too big, buy a smaller .
A. one B. pair C. piece D. pairs 10.We all know ______ are ______ for cutting things.
A. knife; used B. knives; used C. knife; using D. knives; using 11. Karl and Linda are from .But they are not .
A. German ; Germans B. Germany; German
C. Germany; Germans D. German; Germanys
12. I wonder why are so interested in action movies.
A. people B. the people C. peoples D. the peoples 13. -What’s Jane’s favorite of music? -Jazz.
A. piece B. block C. group D. kind 14. Martin Robinson gave us on what to do in lots of different situations.
A. some advices B. some advice C. an advice D. a advice 15. They got much from those new books.
A. stories B. ideas C. information D. photos 16. Sonia was very happy. She in the science test.
A. makes a few mistakes B. made a few mistakes
C. made few mistakes D. makes few mistakes 17. The dictionary on the dresser is .
A. Anna and Amy’s B. Anna’s and Amy’s C. Anna’s and Amy D. Anna and Amy
18. Jason fell off the bike and unfortunately he broke his leg. So he had a holiday.
A. Two and half month’s B. two and a half month’s
C .two and a half months’ D. two and a half month
19. Miss Smith is a friend of .
A. Nick’s mother B. Nick’s mother’s C. Mother’s of Nick D. Nick mothers’
20. mothers couldn’t come to the party. Because they had an important meeting.
A. Jane’s and Jim’s B. Jane and Jim’s
C. Jane’s and Jim D. Jane and Jims’
21. Funky Fashions sells shirts and ties.
A. Men B. Men’s C. Man’s D. Mens’
22. --Which animal is endangered? We should protect it.
A. Manatee B. Monkey C. Horse D. Dog 23. The seventh month of the year is .
A. June B. July C. May D. August 24. The drug store is a bit far from here. It’s about .
A. forty minutes’ ride B. forty minutes’s ride
C. forty minutes ride D. forty minute’s ride
25. Uncle Martin put some of his old things out in the yard and had a yard .
A. sell B. sale C. selling D. sold 26. There are five and three in this clothing factory.
A. men drivers; woman drivers B. men driver; women drivers
C. men drivers; women drivers D. man drivers; woman drivers 27. Be quiet, children! Don’t make so much .Grandma is sleeping.
A. noise B. noisy C. sounds D. voice 28. There are few at home. Shall we go to buy some onions, lettuce and peppers?
A. fruit B. salad C. vegetables D. pork 29. What we are having today!
A. the bad weather B. a bad weather C. bad a weather D. bad weather 30. They prefer to .
A. tomatos; potatoes B. tomatoes; potatoes
C. tomatoes; potatos D. tomatos; potatos 31. People in the USA usually eat on Thanksgiving Day.
A. turkey B. dumplings C. apple pies D. mooncakes 32. I believe that to work hard is the key to .
A. success B. successful C. succeed D. successfully 33. Everyone needs to have at least at night.
A. eight hour’s sleep B. eight-hours sleep
C. eight hours’ sleep D. a eight-hours sleep
34. The on the tree turn yellow in autumn.
A. leaf B. leafves C. leaves D. leafes 35. My grandpa keeps twelve ,ten ducks and three .
A. chicken; sheep B. chickens; sheeps C. chickens; sheep D. chicken; sheeps 36. Hui Ping loves to read and she put this love to by working in the after school care
center at her local elementary school.
A. good use B. of helpful
C. great importances D. a good using
37. Today is September 10th .It’s . Shall we get some flowers for our teachers?
A. Teacher’s Day B. the Teacher’s Day
C. Teachers’ Day D. the Teachers’ Day
38. The table is made of .
A. many glass B. glasses C. some glasses D. glass 39. How many were there in the street when the accident happened yesterday?
A. policemans B. polices C. police D. peoples 40.--- Can I help you?
--- Yes, please. I want two of please.
A. kilos; fishes B. kilos; fish C. kilo, fish D. kilo;
1. ____ village is 2,000 meters above sea level. What about ____?
A. Her; your B. Hers; you C. Her; yours D. Your; her 2. My father’s friend always helps my sister and ____ with ____ English.
A. I; our B. me; my C. I; our D. me; our
3. I don’t like ____.
A. his those friends B. those his friends
C. those friends of him D. those friends of his 4. Children need time and freedom to relax, and they need time to do things by ____.
A. they B. them C. their D. themselves 5. Do you have anything to say for ____ and ____ friends?
A. yourself; your B. you; you
C. yourselves; you D. you; your
6. You had better ask the policewoman ____ about her good deeds.
A. hers B. her C. oneself D. herself
7. The sentence______ is wrong.
A. himself B. it C. itself D. its
8. ____ have a lot of work to do.
A. He, you and I B. You, he and I
C. I, you and I D. I, he and you
9. We find ____ difficult to get on well with ____.
A. this; his B. that; him C. it; him D. its; he 10. All the information you need is on the Internet. Get on line, and you will get ____.
A. them B. it C. one D. those 11. ____ is very kind of you to think so much of us.
A. This B. Its C. It D. That
12. Life is much better than ____ in the old days.
A. this B. those C. that D. it
13. –Is there any water in the bottle?
–Yes, but only ____.
A. a little B. a few C. little D. few
14. The mountain is too steep. ____ of them got to the top.
A. Few B. A few C. Little D. A little
15. He spoke very fast so that I understood ____ of his speech.
A. few B. little C. a little D. a few
16. –Would you like ____ to eat?
–No, thanks. I have had a sandwich.
A. something B. anything C. some D. any 17. –Are there ____ bananas at home? I want to make a banana milk shake.
–No, there aren’t ____. Please buy ____ on your way to school.
A. some; some; some B. any; any; it
C. any; any; some D. some; one; one
18. Don’t worry about her. There’s ____ wrong with your daughter.
A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing 19. The bike must be ____. It’s not mine.
A. someone else B. else someone
C. someone else’s D. else’s someone
20. I haven’t read today’s newspaper. I have ____ to tell you.
A. nothing new else B. else new nothing
C. else nothing new D. nothing else new
21. Miss Wang! Your dictionary is very useful. Where did you buy ____? I want to buy ____ too.
A. one; one B. it; it C. it; one D. one; it 22. –Hello! This is Jim speaking.
A. is that B. is it C. are you D. both A and B 23. The Mississippi River is longer than ____ in the United States.
A. any river B. any rivers
C. any other river D. all the rivers
24. Some people often hang out in the street after supper, ____ like staying at home.
A. the others B. others C. the other D. other 25. I bought two flowers. ____ was for my mother, and ____ was for my teacher.
A. One; another B. One; the second
C. One; the other D. One; others
26. –Which sweater do you like better, this one or that one?
–____. ____ of them are out of fashion.
A. Both; Both B. None; All
C. All; Neither D. Neither; Both
27. Look, there are beautiful flowers on ____ side of the street.
A. every B. each C. both D. all
28. I’m new here, I don’t know ____ in my class.
A. anybody B. everybody C. nobody D. somebody 29. ____ the twins enjoyed ____ at the birthday party.
A. None; them B. Both; themselves
C. All; them D. any; themselves
30. ____ of the children heard the knock on the door. All of them were asleep.
A. Neither B. None C. Both D. All
31. She is so kind. She always thinks of ____ more than herself.
A. other B. others C. the other D. the others
32. She felt lonely because ____ of her friends came to see her.
A. none B. no one C. no D. all 33. –I hear there are some monkeys in the small village. How many have you seen?
A. None B. Nothing C. No one D. No
34. –Shall I sit at this end of the boat or the other end?
– ____ is OK. You decide.
A. All B. Either C. Neither D. Both 35. ____ of us in my class likes to help others in trouble.
A. Each B. Every C. All D. None 36. I have a new dictionary and several old ____.
A. ones B. one C. them D. it
37. Everyone is looking forward to the 2008 Olympics, ____?
A. isn’t it B. is he C. are they D. aren’t they
38. There was ____ but Tom at home.
A. somebody B. anybody C. nobody D. nothing 39. The question was very difficult. ____ of them was wrong.
A. Every B. Every one C. Everyone D. Anyone 40. If ____ calls, tell him I’m having a meeting, please.
A. anyone B. some one C. no one D. everyone 41. The girls are correcting ______ mistakes in their homework.
A. each’s other B. each’s other’s
C. each other D. each other’s
42. To learn is one thing, to teach is ____.
A. the other B. other C. others D. another 43. I have three uncles._____ is a doctor, ______ is an artist, and____ is an engineer.
A. One, other, the other B. One, another, the other
C. One, other, the third D. One, one, another 44. The weather here is like _____ in Australia, but the plants are not like_____ there.
A. that, those B. the weather, ones
C. one, ones D. that, ones
45. –Who has been to the USA?
A. No one B. No C. None D. Any 46. You can take ____ from the shelf and read, but please put back the books when you finish
A. anything; theirs B. nothing; them
C. anything; them D. anyone; themselves
47. Show me ____ you bought, please.
A. what B. that C. it D. one
48. The river______ runs through the centre of the city brings us lots of pleasure.
A. which B. that C. it D. both A and B 49. I like a room _____ window looks out over the sea.
A. whose B. which C. that D. its
50. The house in ______ Lu Xun once lived is now the Lu Xun Museum.
A. that B. which C. it D. both A and B
1. -Can you read the number “1856” in English?
-Yes, I can. It’s______.
A. one thousand eight hundreds fifty six
B. one thousand and eight hundred fifty-six
C. one thousand eight hundred and fifty-six
D. one thousand eight hundreds and fifty-six
2. Autumn is ____season of the year.
A. a third B. the third C. the three D. third 3. I like reading English novels. I’ve read 2 novels this term and I want to read _____ one.
A. a third B. third C. the third D. three
4. The sea nearly covers ____ of the earth’s surface.
A. three fourth B. third four C. third fourths D. three fourths 5. Although he is only 7 years old, he has learned_____ English words.
How clever he is!
A. hundred of B. hundreds of C. several hundreds D. seven hundreds 6. I often go to school at _____.
A. thirty to seven B. seven thirty
C. half past seven D. both B and C
7. The 2006 men’s world volleyball championships started______.
A. in November 17, 2006 B. in 2006, November 17
C. on 2006, 17th November D. on November 17th, 2006
8. The story took place _______.
A. in the 1950 B. in the 1950’s
C. in 1950’s D. in 1950s
9. Our monitor runs so fast that he won the ____ race in the sports meeting last month.
A. 800-metre B. 800 metre C. 800 metres D. 800-metres 10. The Changjiang River is ____ as long as that one.
A. four time B. fourth time C. four times D. fourth times
1. Classes begin ____ 8:00 ____ the morning.
A. at; in B. in; on C. in; at D. in; in
2. He'll never forget the terrible accident ____ the morning ____ September 8.
A. on; of B. in; in C. on; in D. in; of
3. China finished building a very large dam?大坝? across the Yangtze River ____ May 20, 2006.
A. in B. at C. on D. during
4. The famous player began to play table tennis ____ the age of five.
A. by B. on C. at D. from
5. Children often get nice presents ____ Father Christmas ____ Christmas Day.
A. from; in B. for; at C. from; on D. for; on
6. The great scientist visited many countries ____ the 1980's.
A. at B. on C. in D. from
7. –How are you going to visit your grandparents ____ Sunday afternoon?
–I'm going there ____ my father's car.
A. on; in B. on; by C. at; by D. in; in
8. The dress looks nice! It's made ____ wool. It's made ____ Xinjiang.
A. from; by B. in; by C. by; in D. of; in
9. As young adults, it is our duty ____ try our best to deal ____ each challenge in our education.
A. to; at B. to; to C. /; with D. to; with
10. The boy spends 2 hours ____ playing the piano every day.
A. on B. in C. / D. both B and C
11. –How do you study for a test?
–I study ____ working with a group.
A. at B. for C. by D. on
12. The factory is pouring dirty water ____ the river. We should keep the factory ____ doing
A. for; with B. into; on C. into; from D. from; to 13. English is ____ great importance ____ teenagers.
A. for; with B. at; to C. in; of D. of; to
14. Tianjin is a beautiful city ____ many interesting places.
A. of B. with C. in D. from
15. ____ the end of last month, we had already finished two thirds of the work.
A. In B. To C. By D. At
16. Yesterday ____ my way ____ school, I bought a hamburger ____ breakfast.
A. on; to; for B. at; at; for C. in; at; with D. on; for; for 17. They arrived ____ a small village ____ a cold winter evening.
A. in; in B. at; on C. at; in D. /; in
18. –What do you think ____ the Sports News?
–I like it.
A. about B. of C. over D. through 19. –Excuse me, where is the aquarium, please?
–It's across ____ the park.
A. to B. from C. in D. at
20. –I think taking walks after supper is good ____ our health.
–Yes, I agree ____ you.
A. at; with B. with; to C. to; to D. for; with 21. Thanks ____ the Internet, we can get more information about the world than before.
A. for B. to C. with D. on
22. My father has gone to Shenzhen on business. He will be back ____ five days.
A. after B. for C. in D. from
23. It's very kind ____ you to help me ____ my English.
A. to; at B. of; at C. of; with D. for; in
24. Class 9 had a great time ____ the school trip.
A. for B. to C. on D. at
25. Tom and Sam are twins. Tom is often mistaken ____ his twin brother, Sam.
A. with B. for C. as D. by
26. We should be strict ____ ourselves ____ everything.
A. with; in B. in; with C. on; to D. to; on 27. Last year I was often ill, but now I am ____ good health.
A. at B. of C. in D. under
28. –Mum, where is Japan, please?
–It's ____ the east of China.
–What about Taiwan province?
–It's ____ the southeast of China.
A. on; on B. in; in C. to; in D. in; to
29. The boy goes to sleep with his bedroom light on.He is terrified ____ the dark.
A. with B. of C. on D. from 30. The exciting film reminds him ____ an experience he once had.
A. of B. to C. with D. for
31. I hope you can provide me ____ some information about the kinds of vacation that your firm
A. for B. on C. with D. of 32. Lily likes to go for a drive ____ the rain.
A. with B. in C. for D. from 33. Walk along this street ____ the end, you'll find the bookshop.
A. in B. to C. by D. at
34. I'm very busy ____ my study, so I can't go to visit my aunt.
A. for B. at C. to D. with
35. –I want to go to the video arcade.
–It is usually closed ____ this time ____ day.
A. at; of B. on; at C. by; on D. about; by 36. They waited ____ the bus stop ____ a long time. At last they gave up and walked home.
A. in; at B. for; for C. at; for D. from; of 37. I have no paper to write ____ . Can you give me some?
A. in B. with C. on D. / 38. When the boy came into the room, all the people looked ____ him ____ surprise.
A. at; in B. for; to C. up; for D. over; over 39. –What would you do ____ the lost library book?
–I would try to find it or pay ____ it.
A. for; to B. with; for C. about; for D. with; to 40. The boy has many hobbies. Sometimes his hobbies get ____ the way of his schoolwork.
A. by B. on C. in D. of
1. _____ my father _____ my mother understands me. We can’t communicate with each other.
A. Both; and B. Not; but C. Neither; nor D. Either; or 2. The box is _____ heavy _____ he can’t carry it.
A. such; that B. too; to C. very; that D. so; that 3. She used not to play tennis, _____ now she enjoys it very much.
A. and B. before C. after D. but 4. Just do it, never give up, _____ you’ll make it.
A. but B. and C. or D. yet 5. The baby fell asleep _____ he was listening to the story.
A. when B. after C. before D. while 6. We’ll stay at home _____ it rains.
A. if B. when C. after D. as soon as 7. - Will the foreigners have any problems talking with Chinese in 2008?
-I don’t think so. Now _____ the young _____ the old can speak some English.
A. neither; nor B. either; or C. both; and D. not only; but also 8. Take a taxi to go to the airport, _____ you’ll miss the plane.
A. and B. or C. because D. though 9. - I won’t go to your birthday party tomorrow.
-_____ you told me you would. What’s up?
A. And B. So C. But D. Or 10. I’ll pay a visit to you this evening _____ I can stay only a few minutes.
A. however B. if C. though D. because 11. Robert failed in the final term exams _____ he didn’t take the subject seriously.
A. because B. that C. till D. though 12. I spent several years in Spain, _____ I never learned to speak Spanish.
A. and B. despite C. yet D. though 13. He waited _____ she had finished speaking.
A. when B. until C. after D. as soon as 14. It was raining heavily, _____ , the peasants kept on working in the fields.
A. but B. however C. and D. though 15. He asks ______ his mother’s operation had been successful _____ the doctor told him that
it had been.
A. whether; or B. if; and C. if; or D. whether; nor 16. _____ the plane arrived, some detectives were waiting inside the main building _____ others
were waiting on the airfield.
A. While; when B. When; when C. When; while D. While; while 17. She has recovered from the accident now? _____ she still feels scared when she goes anywhere
in a car.
A. and B. but C. in spite of D. though 18. Not only did he lose the business _____ he lost his house as well.
A. also B. and C. but D. or 19. Don’t touch anything . We’d better leave the things _____ they are until the police arrive.
A. when B. what C. if D. as 20. -My little sister never cries _____ she is hungry . What about yours?
- She often cries, so I have to sing for her.
A. if B. unless C. when D. how
1. I like living in an apartment with my friends because I don’t like living _____.
A. lonely B. alone C. loneliness D. lone 2. At weekends, I’ll be able to dress _____ .
A. casuallier B. much casually C. more casually D. casual
3. In the future, there will be more robots everywhere, and human will have _____ work.
A. more B. less C. many D. fewer 4. I prefer taking a car to taking a bus. The bus is _____ and _____ than a car.
A. more dirtier; crowded B. much dirtier; more crowded
C. much dirtier; much crowded D. more dirtier; more crowded 5. If you want to keep in good _____ , running is a good way to stay _____.
A. health; healthy B. healthy; health
C. health; healthily D. healthy; healthly 6. Though he lives _____ , he doesn’t feel _____, for he has many things to do.
A. alone; alone B. lonely; alone C. alone; lonely D. lonely; lonely 7. I told him some very _____ news, but he didn’t feel _____ after listening to it.
A.exciting;excited B.excited;excitingC.excited,excitedD.exciting;exciting 8. Every minute there is _____ going on in the world..
A. exciting something B. anything exciting
C. exciting anything D. something exciting 9. Of the two American friends, Allan is ____.So I think you can find her easily.
A. heavier B. the heavier C. heaviest D. the heaviest 10. My _____ brother who works in the post office is five years _____ than I.
A. younger; older B. elder; older
C .elder; elder D. older; elder
11. -Oh, what a _____ travel!
-Yes, each of us feels _____ during traveling.
A. pleased; pleased B. pleasant; pleased
C. pleased; pleasant D. pleasant; pleasing 12. Don’t borrow money from him. He has _____ money in the team.
A. littler B. less C. the littlest D. the least 13. We should keep the door ____ when we leave the room.
A. closing B. closed C. close D. closes 14. My grandfather has been _____ for several years. His _____ made us upset.
A. died; dead B. death; dead C. dead; death D. died; dying 15. -Is physics _____ than chemistry?
-No, physics isn’t so _____ as chemistry.
A. easier; more difficult B. difficult; more difficult
C. more difficult; easier D. more difficult; difficult 16. The milk smells _____ ,you’d better throw it away.
A. badly B. bad C. good D. well 17. Internet is _____ in our life. We can’t imagine what our life is without internet.
A. more popular and popular B. more popular and more popular C. more and more popular D. popular and popular
18. Australia is _____ country.
A. a speaking-English B. a spoken-English
C. an English-speaking D. an English-spoken
19. The price of this digital camera is too _____. I can’t afford it.
A. high B. cheap C. expensive D. dear