STUDENT ASSOCATION BUDGET,
LOANS, AND GRANTS APPLICATION –
2010-2011 Academic Year
Applications Due: Friday, October
1st in the SA Office (KSC 115) by 5:00pm
To be eligible for funding, all organizations MUST
thattend Presidents Council Tuesday September 28 at 2:00
pm or 7pm, in the rafters. If an executive club member is
unable to attend please contact Liz Olson at
Must Sign Up for An Interview Slot When You Turn in Your Application! Interview Slot are first come first
Serve so please turn in Applications early.
ndthththInterview dates: Oct 2, 4, 5, and 7
**Please read all of the Application Guidelines
beginning on page 2.
If you have questions concerning the
application/interview process please email the VP of Finance Liz Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the
subject line BLG or stop by the SA Office:
2:15pm – 4:00 pm
STUDENT ASSOCIATION LOANS AND GRANTS
1. Loans and grants are awarded to student groups and registered organizations,
which do NOT receive Student Service Fees, who wish to participate in and/or
organize programs and activities that promote the growth and development of
the group and UMD students.
2. All applications must be submitted individually.
3. Applications for funds should be submitted to the chair of the Budget, Loans,
and Grants committee in the Student Association Office. ALL APPLICATION
AND EXPENDITURE REPORTS SHOULD BE TYPED.
4. The person(s) representing the organization must appear before the members of
the Budget, Loans, and Grants committee to answer any questions the committee
members may have. All pertinent information should accompany the
representative(s) at this time.
5. The Budget, Loans, and Grants Committee will evaluate the request based
1) Accessibility to Students
2) Fiscal Responsibility
3) Contribution to Cultural Diversity
4) User fees/in kind/volunteer/other
5) Value to Student Body
6) Quality of Services
7) Uniqueness of opportunities/service
6. Any equipment purchased with allocated funds must remain the property of the
organization/University and kept on campus.
7. A final decision on the request will be made by the Budget, Loans, and Grants
committee. The decision will be either:
* The request may be determined to be inappropriate, in which case no
funds will be allocated
* All or part of the request may be a grant
8. The Budget, Loans, and Grants committee reserves the right to request receipts
from any and all applications.
9. Checks must be picked up within 2 weeks upon notification. All checks must be
cashed within 2 months, unless time is extended by the committee. Failure to
pick up or to cash a check will result in loss of money. In addition, all checks
must be cashed by the given date or a stop payment may be placed on the check.
10. The money can not be used for travel expenses (i.e. hotels, flights, gas or car
11. All organizations that want to receive funds from Loans and Grants MUST
attend President’s Council.
12. Monies received by a student group cannot be spent on any alcohol or events
containing alcohol. In addition, Student Association does not condone the use of
alcohol for a student organization sponsored event.
13. If your organization is guilty of using Loans and Grants monies for the above
described purposes, or any violations involving the Student Conduct Code, you
will be ineligible to receive finances from Loans and Grants for one year.
14. Budget, Loans, and Grants committee has authority over the monitoring of these
funds. Violation of these guidelines and corrective actions will be decided by this
committee unless specified. Corrective actions include, but are not limited to,
ineligibility for a give time period and/or rescission of monies. All actions and
decisions of this committee are appealable to UMD Student Association
(Please detach this page, sign and hand in with application)
I hereby have read and agree to all terms and conditions written in the Student Association Loans and Grants Application Guidelines.
__________________________ ____________ Signature (President of Organization) Date
Budget, Loans, and Grants Committee
APPLICATION FOR FUNDS ~ Fall 2010
BUDGET, LOANS, AND GRANTS COMMITTEE
APPLICATION FOR FUNDS – 2010-2011 Academic year
Name of Organization: _____________________________
Type of activities: __________________________________ Number of group members (alias): ___________________ Number of group members (active):___________________ Dues per member: __________________________________
How often do you meet:_____________________________
Loans and Grants History
Did you apply for a grant last semester? Yes No
If yes, how much did you receive? $
Total Semester Income (i.e. fundraisers, sales, dues, etc.): $
Total Semester Expenses (i.e. supplies, food, fees, etc.): $
Amount requested: $ (This amount must be equal to
or less than your income – expenses.)
**SUBMIT A PROPOSED YEAR (FALL 10 - Spring 11) BUDGET WITH THIS
In your supporting documents please list all sources of income and expenses that
lead up to your total YEAR’s budget.
Name of Person(s) Representing the Organization:
Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, October 1st. Please submit
the completed application and attached YEAR (Fall 10 - Spring 11) budget in the
SA Office. Please sign up for an interview time in the SA Office when you
submit your application.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact VP of Finance Liz Olson at
1. Please come prepared to talk about the YEAR activities of
b. Member enrollment? Member fees?
c. SA Funding money use? Was the money used for its proposed use?
If not, why and for what? If needed, could you verify money use?
d. Budget ending balance surplus/deficit? (if surplus where will the
money be going?)
e. Who managed/manages the organizations budget?
a. Member enrollment?
3. Business Formal Dress code recommended
4. Interviews last approximately only 15 minutes, so please be
5. Please send one member of your organization that
manages the budget, and one member who knows and can
give a detailed description of the organizations operations.
(this can be one member of the group)
Groups who received funding in the Spring 2010 will be asked to turn in receipts to show their Spring spending. Please put receipts or copies of your receipts in an envelope and paper clip them to your application. Example: If your organization received $250 you need to show receipts for $250.
Every year you will be asked to show receipts for the amount the organization received from BLG. These will not be returned. If you need copies please go to the SA office (KSC 115) and ask a representative to make a copy for you.
What is your organization’s biggest accomplishment?
What is your goal for your organization this Academic year? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How does your organization affect students on campus?
Club Income - YEAR (Fall 10 - Spring 11)Fundraisers:
Raffle1,000.00$ Hot dog eating contest600.00$ Dues500.00$ Donations:
Bulldog Alumni50.00$ University Funding:
LSBE grant50.00$ Total$ 2,200.00Club Expenses - Year (Fall 10 - Spring 11)Food:
Pizza for meetings200.00$ Pop50.00$ Equipment/Materials:
Study Manuals500.00$ National Dues100.00$ Basketballs100.00$ Events:
Raffle800.00$ Hot dog eating contest400.00$ Bowling Night300.00$ Total$ 2,450.00Income - Expenses = -$250.00
Requst from BLG = $250.00
*Note: BLG request must be less than or equal to your income - expenses