Guangdong AIB Polytechnic College
Unit 8: Research ProjectUnit
2009 Business ManagementClass
A2: Data Analysis and evaluate the findings Assignment
May. 11, 2011 Date issued
June. 15, 2011 Date deadline
Mo Fan Tutor
Bao Yinglei IV
I am aware that cheating and plagiarism will not be tolerated in any assignment and that this work
complies with the requirements.
Student’s Signature; (In Pinyin)
Class: Student No.:
3.Carry out the research project 3.4 Analysis and interpret appropriate qualitative and quantitative data into a specified area of business
4. Present and evaluate the 4.1 Record findings in an accepted format
findings with regard to the initial 4.2 Present and summaries the findings using suitable methods proposal 4.3 Evaluate the methodology used and critically analysis the findings
4.4 Propose recommendations based on the findings which identify and
justify areas for future research
Can draw frequency distribution tables in terms of 3.4 Analysis and interpret appropriate qualitative and quantitative variables and cross-tab qualitative and quantitative data tables with suitable variable selected.
4.1 Record findings in an accepted Summarize the finding, can draw suitable charts. format
Can apply suitable charts to express the findings, make 4.2 Present and summaries the findings the findings easy to understand. Organize the whole using suitable methods Pass assignment as research report with reasonable structure.
Evaluate the sampling method used in terms of 4.3 Evaluate the methodology used and representative, and questionnaire designed in terms of critically analysis the findings variables selection. Also critically analysis the findings.
4.4 Propose recommendations based on Propose recommendation based on findings, image that the findings which identify and justify if you have chance to continue study, how to improve? areas for future research
Relevant theories and techniques have been applied;
Effective judgments have been made;
Identify and apply strategies to Complex problems with more than one variable have M1 find appropriate solutions been explored;
An effective approach to study and research has been Merit
Present and communicate Appropriate structure and approach has been used;
M3 appropriate findings Logical and coherent arguments have been presented;
Familiar and unfamiliar contexts have been used
Self criticism of approach has taken place; Use critical reflection to evaluate Evaluation has taken place using defined criteria; D1 own work and justify valid Realistic improvements have been proposed against conclusions defined. Distinction Ideas generated and decisions taken;
Demonstrate convergent, lateral Self evaluation has taken place; D3 and creative thinking Convergent and lateral thinking have been applied;
Problems have been solved.
3.4 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 M1 M3 D1 D3
Tutor’s signature: Date:
IV’s comments on above grading decision:
3.4 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 M1 M3 D1 D3
Final grading decision
IV’s Signature: Date:
This assignment requires students processing and analyzing the data, interpreting the findings, and presenting and evaluating the findings using suitable methods. Students should demonstrate the numerical analysis skills and communication skills in writing with a variety of visual forms.
stPlease take research proposal, questionnaire and raw data you had already proposed or collected in the 1
assignment as the case you intent to analyze. Statistical software usage (e.g. SPSS) is basis for this assignment. Tasks:
1. Analysis and interpret appropriate qualitative and quantitative data. (Outcome 3.4)
1) List out your research title, objectives which questionnaire method covered.
2) Take questionnaire your group had already designed in last assignment as attachment I.
3) Input raw data into computer using SPSS software to create Variable View Sheet and Data View Sheet
as attachment II.
4) Describe the most appropriate variables with Frequency Distribution Tables.
5) Using suitable method to describe a quantitative variable.
6) Draw cross-tabulations for the variables.
7) Analyze and get appropriate findings, write down under each table.
2. Record findings in an accepted format. Present and summaries the findings using suitable methods.
1) Summarize the findings.
2) Using suitable charts to translate the analysis and findings into visual form.
3) Organize the whole assignment as research report with structure of cover page, background, objectives,
methods, analysis, conclusion, evaluation, recommendations and references.
3. Evaluate the methodology used and critically analysis the findings. (Outcome 4.3)
1) Evaluate the methodology used. (From the aspects of, does the sampling be representative for target
population? Was the questionnaire well designed? Does the data collection technique are suitable in
terms of this questionnaire and population? )
2) Critically analysis the findings. (From the aspects of, does the findings fully answered the targeted
objectives? Are the findings meaningful?)
4. Propose recommendations based on the findings which identify and justify areas for future research.
1) Propose your recommendations for the future research if you have chance to continue the study in the
areas the project findings identified and justified.
1. Install SPSS version 11.5 software into your personal computer.
2. Browse the website related to the problems you faced.
3. Remember let the “reference” section with standard format involved in the assignment to show the materials
which had helped you to complete this assignment, also the source of secondary data.