A. Libri e monografie di ricerca
1. Azzone, G., 1994, Innovare il sistema di controllo di gestione, Etaslibri, Milano (2^ed., 2000).
2. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Noci, G., 1997, L’ambiente come vantaggio competitivo: un’opportunità per le imprese, Etaslibri, Milano.
3. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1998, Valutare l’innovazione, Etaslibri, Milano.
4. Azzone, G., Dente, B., (a cura di), 1999, Valutare per governare, Etaslibri, Milano.
5. Azzone, G., 2000, La gestione ambientale degli aeroporti, IPA, Milano.
6. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 2002, L’impresa – sistemi di governo, valutazione e controllo,
Etaslibri, Milano (4^ed., 2007).
7. Azzone, G., 2006, Sistemi di controllo di gestione, Etaslibri, Milano.
8. Azzone, G., 2007, Il controllo di gestione nelle amministrazioni pubbliche, Etaslibri, Milano.
B. Articoli su riviste e libri internazionali
1. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1989, “Measuring the economic effectiveness of Flexible Automation: a new model”, International Journal of Production Research, May.
2. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1990, “Idle capacity and timeliness in mix change decisions”,
Engineering Costs and Production Economics, 18.
3. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Masella, C., 1991, “Design of performance measures for time based companies”, International Journal of Operation and Production Management, 11, 3.
4. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1991, “Planning and Controlling Investments in Computer Based
Automation”, Journal of Cost Management, summer.
5. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1991, “Techniques for measuring the economic effectiveness of automation and manufacturing systems”, in C.T. Leondes (editor), Manufacturing and Automation Systems: Techniques and Technology, Academic Press, pp. 1-45.
6. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1992, “Simulation vs. analytical models for the economic
evaluation of flexible manufacturing systems: an option based approach”, in R. Parsaei (editor), Economic aspects of advanced production and manufacturing systems, Chapman
7. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Masella, C., 1992, “Selecting techniques for the financial
justification of advanced manufacturing technologies: a contingent approach”, in H.R. Parsaei, T.H. Hanley e W.G. Sullivan (eds.), Economic and financial justification of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Elsevier.
8. Azzone, G., Cainarca, G.C., 1993, “The strategic role of quality in small size firms”, Small
Business Economics, 4 (1), 63-76.
9. Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1993, “Techniques for comparing the economic effectiveness of concurrent and traditional engineering”, in C.T. Leondes (ed.), Control and Dynamics
Systems, vol. 62, Academic Press.
10.Azzone, G., Masella, C., 1993, “Techniques for Measuring the Performances of Concurrent Engineering”, in C.T. Leondes (ed.), Control and Dynamic Systems, vol. 61-63, Academic
Press, vol. 62.
11.Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Masella, C., 1993, “Strategic investments in new product develop-
ment”, Management Decisions, 31, 5, 44-50.
12.Azzone, G., Manzini, R., 1994, “Measuring strategic environmental performance”, Business Strategy and the Environment, 3, 1, 1-14.
13.Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., 1994, “Exploiting green strategies for competitive advantage”, Long Range Planning, December.
14.Azzone, G., Masella, C., 1994, “Management accounting: the year 2004”, in A view of
tomorrow - Management Accounting in the year 2004, IFAC, New York.
15.Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Rangone, A., 1995, “Measuring resources for supporting resource based competition”, Management Decisions, 33, 9.
16.Azzone, G., Rangone, A., 1996, “Measuring production competence: a fuzzy appproach”, International Journal of Production Research, 34, 9, 2517-2532.
17.Azzone, G., Manzini, R., Noci, G., Brophy, M., Welford, R., 1996, “Defining
environmental performance indicators: an integrated framework”, Business Strategy and the
18.Azzone, G., Manzini, R., Noci, G., 1996, “Evolutionary trends in environmental reporting”, Business Strategy and the Environment, 5, 4.
19.Azzone, G., Noci, G., 1996, “Supporting decision making on TQM programmes”, management Decisions, 34, 7.
20.Azzone, G., Noci, G., 1996, “Measuring the environmental performance of new products: an integrated approach”, International Journal of Production Research.
21.Azzone, G., Maccarrone, P., 1997, “The emerging role of lean infrastructures in technology transfer: the case of Innovation Plaza Project”, Technovation.
22.Azzone, G., Manzini, R., Noci, G., 1997, “The evolution of environmental corporate reporting in practice”, in Ulhoi, J.P., Rikhardsson, P.M., (eds.), Corporate environmental
performance: measurement, reporting and audit, Borsen, Copenhagen.
23.Azzone, G., Bianchi, R., Mauri, R., Noci, G., 1997, “Defining operating environmental strategies: programmes and plans within the Italian industry”, Environmental Management
and health, 8, 1.
24.Azzone, G., Bertelè, U., Noci, G., 1997, “At last we’re getting environmental strategies that work”, Long Range Planning, 30, 4, 562-71.
25.Azzone, G., Brophy, M., Noci, G., Welford, R., Young, W., 1997, “A stakeholders’ view of environmental reporting, Long Range Planning, Vol. 30 N. 5, pp. 699-709.
26.Azzone, G., Bianchi, R., Noci, G., 1997, “Implementing environmental certification in Italy: managerial and competitive implications on firms”, Eco- Management and Auditing,
Vol. 4, Part 3.
27.Azzone, G., 1998, “Valuating environmental investments as strategic options”, Journal of
engineering valuation and cost analysis.
28.Azzone, G., Noci, G., 1998, “Introducing effective environmetrics for supporting “green” product design”, Engineering Design and Automation.
29.Azzone, G., Noci, G., 1998, “Seeing the environment as a source of change”, Journal of
Organizational Change Management.
30.Azzone, G., Noci, G., 1998, “Identifying effective PMSs for the deployment of “green” manufacturing strategies”, International Journal of Operations and Production Management.
31.Azzone, G., Bianchi, R., Noci, G., 2000, “The Companies web site: different configurations and evolutionary path”, Management Decision, 38, 7
32.Azzone, G., Bianchi, R., Noci, G., 2001, “Corporate websites: the drivers of different configurations”, Electronic markets, 11(2), 126-139.
33..Azzone, G., Maccarrone, P., 2001, “The design of investment post-audit process in large
organizations: evidence from a survey“, European Journal of Innovation Management, 4, 2,
34.Azzone, G., Lettieri, E., Masella, C., 2002, “Does Shareholder value make sense in healthcare organizations in order to assess investment proposals?”, International J.
Healthcare Technology and Management, 4, 3-4, 221-238.
35.Azzone, G., Dalla Pozza, I., 2003, “An integrated strategy for launching a new product in
the biotech industry”, Management Decisions, 41, 9, 832-43
36.Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., Savoldelli, A., 2004, “Managing a public sector project: the case of the Italian Treasury Ministry”, International Journal of Project Management, 22,
37.Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2004, “Benchmarking University Activities: An Italian Case Study”, Financial accountability & Management, 20, 2, 205-220.
38.Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2005, “Performance Measurement and change: the case of Italian new public administration”, International Journal of Business Performance Measurement, 7, 1, 1-15.
39.Arena, M., Azzone, G., 2005, “ABC, Balanced Scorecard, EVA: an empirical study on the adoption of innovative management accounting techniques”, International journal of
accounting, auditing and performance evaluation, 2, 3, 206-24.
40.Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2005, “Incrementalism and strategic change: a university’s experience”, The international journal of educational management, 19, 7, 552-63
41.Arena, M., Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2006, “Internal audit in Italian organizations: a multiple case study”, Managerial Auditing Journal, 21, 3, 275-292.
42.Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2006, "Activity Based Costing and Management in Budgetary Devolution and University Reforms" Accounting, Accountability & Performance, 12, 1,
43.Arena, M., Azzone, G., 2008, "Internal Audit Departments: adoption and characteristics in Italian companies" International Journal of Auditing, 11, 2, 91-114
44.Azzone, G., Manzini, R., 2008, “Quick and dirty technology assessment: the case of an Italian Research Centre”, Technology forecasting and social change, 75, 1324–1338.
45.Agasisti, T., Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2008, “Strategic management accounting in universities: the Italian experience”, Higher education, 55, 1.
46.Arena, M., Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., Carlucci, P., 2009, “Developing a Performance Measurement System for University Central Administrative Service “Higher Education
Quarterly”, 63, 3, 237-263
47.Arena, M., Azzone, G., 2009, “Identifying organizational drivers of internal audit effectiveness” International Journal of Auditing, forthcoming
48.Arnaboldi M., Azzone G., Palermo, T., 2009 “Managerial innovations in central government: Not wrong but hard to explain”, International Journal of Public Sector Management, forthcoming.
49.Azzone G., Palermo, T., 2009, “Adopting performance appraisal and reward systems; a qualitative analysis of public sector organisational change”, Journal of Organizational Change Management, forthcoming.
50. Arena, M., Arnaboldi, M., Azzone, G., 2010, “Student Perception and Central Administrative Services: the case of higher education in Italy”, Studies in Higher Education,
35, 8, forthcoming
51.Arena, M., Azzone, G., 2010, “A process-based approach to select key sustainability indicators for steel companies”, Ironmaking and steelmaking: processes, products and applications, forthcoming
52.Arnaboldi M., Azzone G., 2010, “Constructing performance measurement in the public sector”, Critical Perspective on Accounting, forthcoming