By Adam Hill,2014-08-07 13:03
15 views 0


    SAE Collegiate Chapters and Clubs may obtain support and funding from several sources including: Collegiate Chapter dues, corporate sponsorships, alumni, local Professional SAE Section, etc.

    Social activities sponsored by the branch should be self-supporting and financed by those who participate in them.

Collegiate Chapter Allocation

    SAE Collegiate Chapters may receive an allocation from SAE Headquarters annually to help offset its expenses. You may receive USD $5.00 per paid student member, based on the total paid membership for the calendar year.


    ; Your Collegiate Chapter must maintain at least 25 student members each year for 3

    consecutive years in order to be eligible. Clubs are not eligible for allocations.

    ; You must submit a slate of elected student officers by November 1.

    ; Your Faculty Advisor must request the allocation in writing each year, either by:


    Fax 724-776-3393

    Mail Diane McGuire

    Sections & Collegiate Chapters

     SAE International

    400 Commonwealth Drive

    Warrendale, PA 15096

    Allocations are based on the total number of paid student members for the year, as of December 31. Payments are usually mailed around late February/early March of the following year and are made payable and sent to the Faculty Advisor.

    NOTE: This allocation program is not available for universities in countries where we have SAE Affiliate programs. Please contact your SAE Affiliate directly for more information.





    400 Commonwealth Drive Warrendale, PA 15096-0001 USA

    Phone: 724-772-7141 Fax: 724-776-3393

Tax Reporting


    SAE Headquarters maintains financial records for IRS purposes. Your Collegiate Chapter should

    file no federal income tax form of any sort. Any inquiries received should be forwarded to the SAE

    Controller at SAE Headquarters, along with the address of your IRS district.

The SAE Employer Identification number (in connection with savings accounts or investment

    income) is 25-1494402. No other number should be used for such purposes.


    SAE files consolidated tax returns for all states and Canada. Therefore, SAE Collegiate Chapters

    are not to file any tax returns.

State Sales Tax Exemption

    SAE is exempt from state sales and use tax in the following states:





    New Jersey

    North Carolina




If a vendor requires an exempt organization certificate, contact SAE Section & Collegiate Chapter


SAE Staff Contact:

    Diane McGuire

    Sections & Collegiate Chapters

    Phone: 724-772-7141

    Fax: 724-776-3393



    400 Commonwealth Drive Warrendale, PA 15096-0001 USA

    Phone: 724-772-7141 Fax: 724-776-3393

Report this document

For any questions or suggestions please email