1. Introduction to the question
(do I need to focus on one country?)
many countries. One pacific gpn organizations .
how am I going to write the essay
what is the problem…
this a debate and the issues and the essay is going to look at abc…
lay out the argument.
2. A brief survey of the related theoretical and empirical literature
3. Critical analysis of the question drawing on appropriate analytical and
1) Does participation in global production networks (GPNs) help to upgrade wages
and working conditions?
Yes or no first.
i. List some figure (http://data.worldbank.org/country/china) to compare the
wage data of some country, whether it increased or decreased. ii. Some examples to illustrate the change of working conditions
(Participant rate, turnover rate, environment..Etc. ).
2) Using one or more examples, discuss whether workers can benefit
ARE they can be catalogued by industries or regional?
3) How workers can benefit when entering into globalised production
networks/global value chains.
5. Appendix (if necessary)