1. China is a great __________(develop) country.
2 .–Have you watched the dance ―Thousand—hand Goddess of Mercy (千手观音)‖?
--Yes, it’s wonderful. We can hear the voice from the dancers’ __________
3. This kind of sunglasses will be __________(时髦的) than that one.
4 .By 2100, we will spend only a few hours __________( travel) to Mars in s
. 5. The policemen will try their best to find the __________；murder？
6. My father let me __________(use) his new digital camera.
7.It’s _________(possible) for Jim to catch up with his classmates because he
never studies hard.
8. The policeman stops the children from__________(play) football in the stree
9. They make him __________；water？ the flowers.
10. Earth will be too polluted__________(live) on.
( ) 1. The old man told us _____ across the street yesterday.
A. to not go B. don’t go C. didn’t go D. not to go
( )2. The Smiths _______ sending e-mails _______ letters，because it is faster，
A，prefer, to writing B，prefer？to write
C，prefers？to writing D，prefers？to write
( )3. They were ______ busy _____ with each other ______ the time.
A. too, to talk, to forget B. too, talking; to forget
C. so, to talk, that they forgot D. so, talking, that they forgot ( )4. The hard work made me _____ very tired.
A. feel B. to feel C. feeling D. feels
( )5. _____ of the students will take part in the sports meeting.
A. Three five B. Three fives C. Thirds fifths D. Three fifths ( ).6. A large number of students _____ playing football on the playground.
A. is B. to be C. have D. are
( )7. I don’t know when he _____ tomorrow. I think if he _____, I’ll go to
A. comes, comes B. will come, comes
C. will come, will come D. comes, will come. ( )8. –Dad, _____ I take your camera? ---Yes, you can.
A .must B. could C. might D. need
( )9. _______people we help, ________we feel.
A. Many, the more happily B. The more, the happier
C. All, the happiest D. Most, the most happy ( )10. 一Hi？Mary，_______?
—Not so well，I can’t keep up with the other students，
A，How long have you studied chemistry B，Who is teaching you
C，How is your chemistry study going D，Where are you 1ear
( )11. The population of Shanghai is much _______ than that of Nantong.
A. smaller B. larger C. less D. bigger ( )12. Mr Li knows little English, ____ he can’t understand the instructions
on the bottle of the pills.
A. so B. or C. but D. for ( )13. Cotton ________ nice and soft.
A. is felt B. is feeling C. feel D. feels ( )14. Look! How heavy the rain is! You’d better________.
A. stay here when it stops B. don’t go now
C. not leave until it stops D. not to leave at once ( )15. You may go fishing if your work _______ done.
A. is B. will be C. has D. have
( ) 16. — Would you mind lending me your bike ?
A. Yes, I would B. No, thanks C. Not at all D. Yes, you can
( )17.;Mum, can I have to eat? I’m hungry.
;Sorry, there is in the fridge. You can go downstairs to
buy something. .
A. anything; nothing; B. something ; anything
C. something; nothing D. anything ; something ( )18. Sandy talked so much about herself ______others didn’t have any tim
e to speak at the meeting.
A. that B. as C. because D. than
( ) 19. She is a polite and fair person. She loves peace and does not like to _____others.
A. give up B. argue with C. play with D. look after ( ) 20. — Would you please______ him the pictures when he______ back tomorrow?
1. It is _____ (high) possible that he will come to Nanjing next month. 2. The USA is a _____ country while our country is a _____ one. (develop) 3. The journey to Mars will be very _____ (enjoy).
4. The river has been ____ (pollution) by waster water.
5. We had a _____ (taste) meal with her last night.
6. By 2100, the journey ____ (take) only a very short time in space shuttles. 7. This coat is very small, so it makes me feel _____ (comfortable). 8. _____ (travel) in space is really interesting.
9. We don’t know if he _____ (come) on time.
10. Several students in our class worried about _____ (not pass) the exam. 11. _____ (many) of the students have gone to the park and only three of them stay here.
12. It would be great ____ (have) no homework for students on Mars. 13. There’re many _____ (advantage) of living here. I want to move back.
14. We must stop them from ____ (cut) down the trees.
15. Answer the question _____ (complete), please.
1. ____ important work!
A. What a B. What C. How a D. How
2. ____ countries must try their best _____ their countries.
A. Developed; to developing B. Developing; to develop
C. Developed; develop D. Developing; developed
3. The boots you wear are very new. You are ____.
A. lead the fashion B. go out of fashion C. in fashion D. out of fashion 4. Environmental ____ is a big problem on earth.
A. pollution B. pollutes C. polluted D. pollutions 5. The book is very valuable, so it is well ____ again and again.
A. worth to reading B. worth reading C. worth to read D. worth of reading 6. There are two ____ toilets on the left side of the street.
A. public B. publicly C. publics D. in public 7. The food has gone bad. It tastes ____. You’d better throw it away.
A. good B. bad C. badly D. nice
8. I will have my hair ____ this afternoon, but I am afraid I will come to school late.
A. cut B. cutting C. cuts D. cuted
9. –Listen! The pop music is wonderful. –Hush! Grandma is sleeping. You’d better ___ the radio.
A. turn up B. turn of C. turn on D. turn down 10. There are twenty-two girls and thirty-three boys in our class. So we may say girls are
____ of boys in our class.
A. two-third B. two-threes C. two-thirds D. twos-third 11. Last week Li Ming tried his best to _____ an English teacher.
A. run away B. run after C. run for D. run up to 12. How long does it take you to go to Moscow ____every time?
A. by air B. by the plane C. by a plane D. by the air 13. She doesn’t know if he ____ tomorrow. If he _____, I’ll meet him.
A. will come; comes B. comes; comes C. will come; will come D. comes; will come
14. He is still thinking about ____ he is leaving for Nanjing next week.
A. if B. if not C. whether D. where
15. The maths problem is quite difficult. _____ of us can work it out in class.
A. None B. Neither C. No D. Both
16. –I am very tired now. –You ____ have a good rest.
A. needs B. want C. need to D. want to
17. The old house needs ____ at once or it will fall down.
A. repair B. repaired C. repairing D. to repair
18. China has a _____ population than _____ country in the world.
A. large; any B. large; any other C. larger; any D. larger; any other 19. ____ of them knows French, so I have to ask a third person for help.
A. Neither B. Either C. Both D. None
20. –How are you feeling today? --I’m feeling even ____. So I didn’t go to school this morning.
A. bad B. worse C. well D. better
21. We haven’t decided ____ we will go there or not.
A. if B. whether C. that D. when
22. He often drives his car ____ 160 km/h.
A. on B. in C. at D. by
23. Scientists should ____ help us live better on Earth.
A. can B. are able to C. be able to D. be able 24. Humans need food, water and air _____.
A. live B. living C. alive D. to survive 25. Of the two digital cameras, Migoko chose _____ one.
A. a more cheap B. the most cheap C. the less expensive D. the cheapest 26. –Tom graduated from college at a very young age.
--Oh, he ____ be a very smart boy then.
A. could B. should C. might D. must
27. You ____ keep quiet in the reading room.
A. may B. should C. mustn’t D. shall
28. –I’ll tell Mary about her new job tomorrow.
--You ____ her last week.
A. ought to tell B. would told C. must tell D. should told 29. –Excuse me, is this the right way to the Summer Palace?
--Sorry, I’m not sure. But it ____ be.
A. might B. will C. must D. can
30. She didn’t know ____ back soon.
A. whether he would be B. if would he be C. he will be D. if he will come
31. Don’t forget ____ me some water. I’m very thirsty.
A. bring B. bringing C. to bring D. brings 32. I’m too busy, so I have my robot ____ the housework.
A. does B. do C. doing D. done
33. There is no life on Mars, _____?
A. is it B. isn’t it C. is there D. isn’t there
34. The old man was quite weak after the accident, so he must _____.
A. be taken care B. take care of C. be looked after D. look after 35. One of my shoes is under the bed. Where’s _____?
A. another B. others C. the other D. the others 36. Jack will go ____ this winter holiday.
A. to somewhere warm B. somewhere warm C. to warm somewhere D. warm somewhere 37. There’s ____ air pollution on Mars than on Earth.
A. few B. little C. fewer D. less
38. I found ____ important to learn English well.
A. it B. that C. it’s D. that was
39. I wonder ____ our teacher did that for.
A. that B. if C. what D. why
40. I thought you ____ how to work it out.
A. know B. knew C. would know D. will know 41. Can you tell us where the tea _____?
A. produce B. produced C. is producing D. is produced 42. There ____ a number of workers in that factory. Three-fifths of them ____ women.
A. are; are B. are; is C. is; are D. is; is 43. –Why did you come back? --_____ my notebook computer.
A. Getting B. To get C. For get D. Get
44. Helen’s father ____ Shanghai for two days.
A. has been to B. has gone to C. has been in D. has got to