MAC COMPATIBILITY SOLUTION
The Mac compatibility solution offers a virtual desktop environment for MyITLab Mac users on their home computers. (Please note: Grader Projects cannot be completed using this solution)
You must be running Mac OS 10.5 or higher.
Before you run the Mac compatibility solution, you must first register for MyITLab.
1. After you have registered for MyITLab, click the Mac Users link under “For Students” on the
2. On the MyITLab Mac User Access page, you will start with Step 1. This is a ONE TIME ONLY
step for the Mac solution. Click the link to download the MS RDC Application.
3. Locate your Downloads folder and open it. In the Downloads window, double-click the file
4. Double-click on the RDC Installer file to begin the installation.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions in the “Install Microsoft RDC for Mac Installer” window to
install the application using the default settings. At the Summary, click Close.
6. Go back to the Pearson MyITLab MAC User Access page you were on and scroll down to
Step 2. Double-click the Download RDP button.
NOTE: You only need to click this button once – the Downloads window is behind Mac User
Access page – minimize your window and you will see it.
7. Locate your Downloads window and double-click the RemoteConnect.rdp file to launch a
remote desktop session.
NOTE: If you have clicked the Download RDP button multiple times you will see
multiple .rdp files – click on the one with the largest number.
8. A Remote Desktop Connection window will open that shows the connection is being
established. You will then see a new window appear asking if you want to Connect. Click
Connect - even though it states below “the server name on the certificate is incorrect.”
9. Upon reaching the MyITLab login page, enter your MyITLab username and password to
access your course.
NOTE: Every time you use MyITLab on your Mac, you will need to repeat Steps 6 – 9