Volunteers Interview Questions
A prospective volunteer’s information should remain confidential to any third parties or people not involved in the interview. Ideally you will have two members of staff present, but if this is not feasible, the person in charge of volunteers is the best choice.
An informal interview or chat is a better style
1. Why do you want to volunteer?
2. What interested you in our organization?
3. Why do you want to volunteer?
4. How much free time do you have to dedicate to volunteering? Or
ask what other plans they’re involved with to ensure they’ll stay
5. Have you ever volunteered before?
6. What skills, knowledge or experience do you have to contribute to
our organisation or the project? If you are recruiting for a very specific
project you may want to ask about their skills or experience in that
7. What areas of work/projects motivate you the most?
8. Do you have any questions about volunteering with us, or about our
Remember if you haven’t mentioned this earlier, to talk about expenses reimbursement, references and training they may receive from the organisation.