MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SECTION th3653 SE 34 Avenue
PORTLAND, OR 97202
(503) 988-3400; FAX (503) 988-5844
FOR MOBILE FOOD UNITS
This sheet is intended to help track your progress through the plan review process. When all steps are completed,
your mobile food unit will be ready for licensing operation.
1. Submit plan review application, plans, and completed review packet which
include the following:
? Mobile Food Unit Plan Review Application
? Mobile Food Unit Plan Worksheet
? Mobile Food Unit Itinerary and Operating Schedule
? Mobile Food Unit Commissary Agreement
? Application for License.
? Pay the required fees
Wait for plan review approval letter prior to beginning operation.
2. Obtain any required approvals from other agencies, i.e. planning, zoning, and
building codes. (see below*).
3. Plans approved by the health department. (see below *) You will receive a
response within 10 working days.
4. Call the health department for a pre-operational inspection at least one week prior
to the date you intend to open.
5. Submit a Mobile Food Unit license Application with the required fee along with
a Mobile Food Unit Commissary Agreement and a Mobile Food Unit
Itinerary and Operating Schedule, if applicable.
1. Pre-operational Inspection performed and mobile food unit is approved for
2. After steps one through six has been completed and your application has been
approved, you may open.
*NOTE: If plan review by the Prefabricated Structures Section of the Building Codes Division is required for your
unit, submit a copy of the plan review approval letter to Multnomah County Health Department. Plan review and
approval by the Prefabricated Structures Section must be completed and verified before a license to operate will be
issued by the Multnomah County Health Department.
Food handler cards are required for all persons working in a mobile food unit or base of operation. Contact the
Multnomah County Environmental Health Section, Food Handlers for information on obtaining a food handler
card (503) 988-5257.