(1) To improve students’ reading and speaking ability
(2).To help students learn a story of Atlanta.
(3) To help students make up dialogues according to the story.
(4).Develop students’ sense of cooperative learning.
(1) Enable students to learn the ability of reading and speaking
(2) Let students understand The Story of Atlanta.
(3) Help students make up dialogues according to the story.
Difficult points : (1)To let students understand the story of Atlanta.
(2)To lead students to make up dialogues between different characters.
1. Group discussion and pair work
2. Cooperative learning
3. Multi-functional teaching equipment
Step 1: Leading in and expressing
(teacher asked the whole class the questions)
1. Could women take part in the ancient Olympic Games?
2. Do you think it was fair?
3. If you are a woman who is good at sports but are not allowed to take part in the sports meeting, what should you do with the unfair rule?
（ask some students to show their opinions）
Predict the story according to the pictures on the book.
Who is the young man ?
Why does the Goddess give three apples to him?
Step 3: Guided reading
a. Reading and answering
1.Who was Atlanta?
2.What was she good at?
3.Who did she want to marry?
4.What was her rules?
5 Who was Hippomenes?
6.What was Hippomenes’ amazement?
7.What made Hippomenes change his mind?
8. Who did Hippomenes turn to for help?
9. What advice did the goddess give him?
b. Reading and judging
T Or F and tell the reasons (P 14 Ex1 ) c. Retelling
Put the statements into correct order and retell the story
d. Summing up
Ask students to sum up main idea using two sentences
Step 4 Speaking
a. Make up dialogues
There are four characters in the story.What can they say to each other? The old King(Atlanta’s father) [K]
The princess Atlanta [A]
The young man Hippomenes [H]
The Goddess of Love [L]
b: Role play
Invite several pairs to act out their dialogues.
Step 5 .Summary
Teacher sum up the whole lesson
Step 6 Assignment
1. Act out the whole story with your partners. 2. Write a short passage about what will happen next. 3. Preview the listening