ISLAMIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA ( UK & EIRE
CHAPTER ) INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
“ EXTREME MEDICINE 2007 “
MANCHESTER ROYAL INFIRMARY, ENGLAND
STST31 MARCH – 1 APRIL 2007
With less than 7 days left, this is your opportunity to book your seat to Extreme Medicine 2007 in Manchester Royal Infirmary (MRI)
ststPostgraduate Centre, Manchester on 31 March – 1 April 2007
Do you want to meet in-person with a Consultant Surgeon that experience herself the Shabra-Shatila Massacre in Palestine?
– Ms Ang Swee Chai Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in London & St ,
Bartholomew's Hospital (London), recipient of "Star of Palestine" Award
from the late President Yasser Arafat and the founder of Medical Aid for
Do you want to listen to the stories of people from the wars themselves (i.e. Iraq, Afghanistan)?
- Mr Heng Aik Cheng Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & ,
Traumatologist in Sabah Medical Centre and involved in humanitarian relief in Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Pakistan, Indonesia & North Korea. He is planning to set an Emergency Response Unit (ERU) in Malaysia and will
present his proposal in Manchester.
Do you want to learn from a Consultant Cardiologist who have been all over Malaysia with JAKIM to teach staff and doctors in various hospital
fiqh medicine and how to perform ibadah – patient’s approach? about
- Professor Dr Abdul Latiff Mohamed Consultant Cardiologist in ,
An-Nur Specialist Hospital, Dean of Clinical Studies in Cyberjaya University
College of Medical Sciences & President IMAM
Do you want to have a taste of knowledge from one of the leadesr of Afghanistan mission and a doctor involved in various relief work
- Dr Burhanuddin Busu, Orthopaedic Surgeon in Basildon University
Do you want to learn on how to survive your electives; especially those doing it in exotic places e.g. South Africa, Rumania ?
- You can ask anyone; the speakers and the facilitators (doctors) about
this during your group sessions
Come and meet these infamous yet humble speakers. You will be doing the acute management practical sessions alongside these experienced doctors and other Emergency Medicine doctors, as facilitators, that we brought
from all over UK.
With ?25 (for students) and ?40 (for doctors) you will have:
- the experience and knowledge of your life – for yourself and for the
- learn from the experts, working in groups with these experts and you have your own time to ask all the questions you want during the group session
not a sitting-down-all-day conference! -
- Starter pack inclusive of:
o Book on Medical Code of Ethics book
o Oath of the Muslim Medical Practitioner
o CD with all sorts of presentations, files and pictures
o Beautifully designed Emergency Medicine 07 folder with everything else
needed for a proper conference
- Formal dinner in an exclusive restaurant in Rusholme
If their moving stories fail to motivate you to be involved in humanitarian
relief. Nothing will !
Come and join us in this event!
Director of Extreme Medicine 2007
President IMAM UK Student Chapter
3rd Year Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, Manchester University