Questionnaire for interview with Directors
Interviewee ________________ job position____________ title______________
(note: interviewee doesn’t need to answer all of the questions, but please try to tell as much as
A. Market Environment：
1. Domestic market current situation and future trends (total demand, total service supply,
major products, annual investment, etc.)
2. China Mobile’s major competitor and its market share 3. China mobile’s major customers (customer type, income level, purchase preference, price
acceptance, brand selection, etc.)
4. China Mobile’s supplier (supply volume, supply capacity, purchase amount, etc.)
5. Substitution products development (such as new telecommunication methods)
a). Operation(Operation Director, Brand Director) 1 Major business of China Mobile
2. Core competency of China Mobile
3. Sales channel and sales methods of China Mobile
b). Employee (HR Director)
1.Employee number and employee type (full time / part time), employee education background
2. Number of management team, percentage of total employee
3. Major reason of high turn over?
4. Major employee communication methods (internal publication, intranet, etc.) Anything
5. How do employees feed back their opinions and suggestions to management (employee
opinion collection box, hotline, etc.)
C. Financial Status (Financial Director) 1. Sales revenue and sales growth rate of past 3 years, profit and profit growth rate
2. Please list out services according to sales revenue and profit
3. Sales revenue and profit of each branch company
4. How is the internal audit process?
D. Department Responsibilities, Business goals and Strategies：
1. What are the major responsibilities of your department? How do you define such
2. How do you allocate job responsibilities within your department? Why?
3. How does your department set its long-term strategy and goals according to company
overall strategy and goals of?
4. How can you achieve long-term goals of your department? What are the key success factors?
5. How do you set short-term goals and strategy?
6. What are the lessons you learned in normal business planning?
7. What authorities does your department have (decision-making, modification and setting)
8. How do you use these authority (centralized control, decentralized control)
E. Scope and layer of management： 1. Number of direct subordinates of each manager in your department?
2. How many levels are there in your department？
How many levels of position are there in your department? 3.
F. Key Business Process：
1. Do you have a good understanding of key business processes?
2. Please tell us the major steps and standard lead-time of these processes.
3. What is the actual lead-time?
4. Do you know why is the difference between standard and actual lead-time?
G. Cooperation inter-departments： 1.which departments does yours usually work with? How?
2. How do you coordinate the interaction?
3. Any suggestions for inter-department coordination?
5. Are current rules complete and specific enough?
6. Are they strictly carried out?
7. How is the implementation result?
8. Are employees satisfactory with current rules? What are the things they are unsatisfactory
H. Employee Satisfactory:
1. Do you know your employee opinions？ 2. What are the major things employees feel satisfactory and unsatisfactory?
3. Do you know your key staff’s expectation to your company?
4. How do you fulfill your staff needs?
1. What are your roles and responsibilities and how much time do you spend on each
2. Do you often ask for subordinates’ opinion?
3. How many direct subordinates do you have?
4. How many management levels do you have in your company? Do you often need to manage
5. Can subordinates get their supervisors’ guidance in time?
6. What are the control methods and level of control?
J. Other questions interviewee consider important ：