KEY TERMS – Define all the below terms
Key Terms - PESTLE
1. Monetary Policy
2. Fiscal Policy
3. Business Cycle
5. GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
6. Exchange rate
7. Import, export
9. Health and Safety at Work Act
10. Sex Discrimination Act
11. Disability Discrimination Act
12. Data Protection Act
13. Sales of Goods Act
14. Consumer Protection Act
16. Pressure groups
Key Terms – Ratio Analysis
17. Profit and Loss account
18. Balance sheet
19. Gross profit margin
20. Net profit margin
23. Current Ratio
24. Acid Test ratio
25. Gearing Ratio
27. Long term liabilities
28. Current liabilities
30. Window dressing the financial performance of a business
Key Terms – Objectives and Strategy
37. Decision making
Key Terms – SWOT
39. Be able to describe SWOT analysis and when it is used.
44. Key Terms – Growth & Change
47. Monopoly & Mergers Commission
48. Organic growth
50. Duplication of resources
51. Vertical integration
52. Horizontal integration
53. Be able to describe causes of change.
Key Terms – (write any key terms below that you
think will be useful)
Business Diagrams – Draw each diagram
1. Product Life Cycle
2. Business Cycle
3. Boston Matrix
4. Maslows Hierarchy of Needs
5. Breakeven chart
6. Span of Control
7. Organisational Chart
8. Stock control
9. Workforce plan
10. Porters 5 Forces
11. Implementing change
PESTLE Do a cost benefit analysis of each topic
(examples shown on pages 18- 31
EVALUATE…………… Political and Legislation
• How can an increase / decrease in taxation impact on businesses
• How legislation impacts on businesses such as T-Mobile.
• How Health and Safety legislation can impact on a business
• How can an increase / decrease in interest rates impact on businesses.
• How a recession / boom in the business cycle can affect businesses
• Social influences that could have an impact upon a business such as Primark
• How changes in demographics can impact upon a business
• How CAD CAM technologies have impacted on a business such as Ford
• How e-commerce can affect businesses such as Borders
• The impact of a business, such as The Body Shop adopting ethical practises.
• The impact of global warming on government policies and businesses
Be able to apply and evaluate decisions based on
• Define an aim and an objective linking it in to strategy.
• Give examples of business aims and objectives.
• Apply this to your case study.
• Define a stakeholder.
• Point out key stakeholders in the case study.
• Analyse how possible aims and objectives may impact on stakeholders in a good / bad way.
• Evaluate based on the aim objective given and the impact on stakeholders whether this is
the right one or if you need to recommend an alternative strategy. Remember if they are
not an influential stakeholder they are not very important!