Guided Paragraph Writing Drill 1
______ _______ _______ ___3 ______ 2 _____ _____ _____ 8
1. With a view to taking advantages of such a digital revolution, we have
recently launched “BBC On-Line”, which incorporates a 24-hour
2. Although its sound quality is far from perfect, the Internet excels that
3. The appearance and dominance of the Internet has taken us
broadcasters all by surprise.
4. BBC World Service is the world’s biggest radio network.
5. To update our means of transmission, we have an ambitious plan for
the brand new technology of Digital Internet Broadcasting by Satellite,
due to start next year.
6. In short, Internet radio means not only competition but also great
7. The Internet has enabled any radio station anywhere to become an
international broadcaster with only a minor investment.
8. and the users can hear our news programs in Mandarin, Arabic,
Spanish and Russian.
9. It has 140 million listeners across the globe, broadcasting in 44
languages, heard on short-wave, medium-wave, FM and satellite.
10. Therefore, the BBC is taking the Internet very seriously, for it’s a
cheap way of getting a reasonable quality signal to places in the world
that even our short-wave transmitters can’t adequately reach.