Unit 1 Living with technology
Electronic and electrical goods
• Students are expected to learn some words related to electrical and electronic goods
especially household appliances and know how these devices are used.
vocabulary by talking about how useful electrical appliances and electronic • Enlarge students’
devices are in different ways in their daily life.
Step1. Lead-in (by a guessing game)
Encourage students to think out some household appliances by some given information.
Step2. Vocabulary learning
• Focus on Part A on page 6 and make sure that Students understand what those phrases in blue
• Ask students to arrange the goods in the correct section.
• Focus on Part B on page 6 and make sure that Students are familiar with the names of the
goods in the household appliances section and what these devices are used for. Step3. Extension
• Encourage students to recall the words related to electrical and electronic goods according to
the given situations—having a travel, at home and having a class.
• Focus on Part B on page 7 to check Students’ understanding and application of the new words
they have learnt.
• Part D: arrange the electrical and electronic goods I order of importance. Divide students into
small groups to have a discussion.
• Review the words to express electronic and electrical goods.
• Do some related exercises.
• Preview Grammar and Usage.