Car Release Order for Alternate Drivers

By Christopher Lawson,2014-05-15 14:10
8 views 0
Car Release Order for Alternate Drivers

    Car Pool Use only

    University Of Illinois

    Urbana-Champaign Chicago Springfield








     Date: Driver Sign Here

    I hereby certify that: I am duly licensed to operate motor vehicles in the State of Illinois; and, I will comply with all DRIVER’S applicable traffic laws and all applicable University of Illinois rules, regulations, polices, and procedures, as listed CERTIFICATION on the reverse, including the ”NO PERSONAL USE” provision. I understand I am required to report auto accidents IMMEDIATELY to the Transportation Facility regardless of whether I am still in travel status. I will Initial here: report any accident to the Transportation Facility within 1 (one) day of the incident or the next business day

    following a weekend and/or University holiday.

    May 09


    The document on the reverse demonstrates that the named individual is authorized to operate the University of Illinois motor vehicle indicated on this form. Questions regarding the ownership of the vehicle should be directed to the appropriate campus transportation office at the University of Illinois. This is a vehicle owned by the State of Illinois and is covered under the State of Illinois Self-Insured Motor Vehicle Liability Plan established pursuant to Illinois law (ILCS 405/105(7). This Plan continues in effect indefinitely and provides a liability limit of $2,000,000 per single occurrence. The Division of Risk Management, 201 E. Madison, Suite 3-C, PO Box 19208, Springfield, IL 62794-9208 is the Plan administrator. Their phone number is 1-800-442-1300.

Approved Use In accordance with Ch. 1, Section 5040.350 of the Illinois Administrative Code, University motor vehicles shall only be used

    for public purposes and in the best interest of the State, and when authorized in writing by the President of the University, or approved designee. The following individuals are authorized to drive University motor vehicles in accordance with University and State policies:

    ? Full-time and part-time employees of the University, including student employees operating a University motor vehicle as a part of their

    University duties.

    ? Students who are designated as official representatives of the University at various functions (that is, legislative hearings, Board of Trustees

    meetings, meetings of the State Board of Higher Education, and similar meetings) when necessary to perform official University


    - Students are not authorized to drive a University motor vehicle, unless they fall into the above-referenced categories.

    ? In limited circumstances, individuals who are not University employees, but only when they are working at the direction of and for the

    benefit of the University, and who have been authorized, in advance, by the Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance or

    Chancellor’s representative.

    ? Student organizations may not authorize the use of University motor vehicles. Departments may not authorize the use of University motor vehicles on behalf of a student organization unless the Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance or Chancellor’s representative has given prior written approval. In these circumstances, a commercially insured motor pool vehicle must be obtained to ensure there is commercial liability protection. Regardless, the vehicle must be for the benefit of the University, and must be driven by an employee or student employee. If there are questions regarding approved use, please refer to Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Section 15.3 available online at: 15-3.html

     The person to whom a University passenger vehicle is authorized to drive will:

    ? Ensure the vehicle is used only for University business, and NOT PERSONAL BUSINESS.

    ? Provide a completed, signed Car Release Order prior to receiving a University vehicle.

    ? Present a valid driver’s license to be inspected prior to receiving the passenger vehicle. All drivers are subject to this requirement.

    ? Provide a completed signed mileage card at the end of the trip and return the vehicle keys. (Charges continue until this is accomplished.) ? Operate the vehicle safely, and in accordance with University policy, until it is returned to the Transportation Facility.

    ? Report accidents as required by law and University procedures. Reports must be made to the Transportation Facility within 1

    (one) day of the incident or the next business day following a weekend and/or university holiday. The driver must report the

    accident even if s/he is still in travel status. If the driver is unable to make the report his/her immediate supervisor must. ? Report any mechanical problems with the passenger vehicle to the Transportation Facility.

    ? Limit passengers of a University passenger vehicle to employees, others on University business, official guests, students, and individuals to

    whom the University wishes to extend a courtesy. This ensures that the use of the vehicle is in accordance with University policy and CMS

    guidelines. Refer to Business and Financial Policies and Procedures online at: 15-


    ? Observe all traffic regulations. Any citations received are the responsibility of the driver.

    ? Arrange for the security of passenger vehicles.

    ? Ensure all drivers and passengers use the installed safety belts.

    ? Limit use of credit cards to purposes described under “Expenses of Operations” in Business and Financial Policies and Procedures.

The person to whom a University passenger vehicle is released is not responsible for:

    ? Liability insurance provided the vehicle is used for authorized business use.

    ? Expense of upkeep and operation, or cost of repairs for collision damage, subject to the conditions and deductibles in effect under

    University policies.

    ? Theft of passenger vehicle if the driver has taken reasonable care for its security.

    Note: Personal property belonging to the driver and/or occupants is the responsibility of the individual(s). Neither the University nor the State of Illinois provides any insurance coverage for personal property.

    May 09

Personal Use Of Vehicles - No personal use of University vehicles is permitted. Stopping for lunch between business trips, reasonable

    deviation from the direct route to reach hotels, restaurants, etc., during the normal course of conducting University business is an extension of business use and is not considered personal use. Commuting to and from home is not permitted. However, employees may use vehicles between home and their place of work if, for example, they are beginning or ending a trip at home due to the hour of arrival or departure.

    May 09

Report this document

For any questions or suggestions please email