Unit 4 public transport
Period 1 Welcome to the unit
1) to get the students to talk about different means of transport and its main function.
2) Students are expected to discuss the advantages and disadvantages between all
these means of transport and how important they are to our lives. Teaching procedures:
1. lead in
Do you like traveling? Where have you been and how did you go there? 2. brainstorming
What is included in public transport?
3. picture talking
show students different pictures about public transport and discuss their different
1) What is the difference between a bus and a coach?
2) Why do you think people would choose to travel by aeroplane rather than by ship?
3) Why do you think we need all these different types of transport?
5. group discussion
1) How do people travel within a city?
2). How do people travel to nearby cities?
3) How did people travel to a faraway city in ancient times? www.2xxyy.com 江苏省中小学英语教学提供