Please translate only the normal text in black. If you use regional fonts, let us know
which fonts you use. Use the most common font or character set in your region.
We will take this file and convert it to XML; please don’t touch any grey text. Grey text
represents XML tags that our simulations will use to locate portions of the file.
Remember to put your name and the names of the translators below under the Credits.
Return this file to Slampotang@anest.ufl.edu
Thank you for your translation assistance!
Sem Lampotang, Dave Lizdas
Your name(s) and institution(s) here
(put the date here)
Emergency Ventilation Equipment
High Pressure System
Low Pressure System
Manual and Automatic Ventilation Systems
1. Verify Backup Ventilation Equipment is Available and Functioning.
2. Check O2 Cylinder Supply
If you close the O2 cylinder as instructed, an alarm will notify you that the central supply has failed. You then open the O2 cylinder and complete the case (if there is enough O2 in the reserve cylinder).
3. Check Central Pipeline Supplies
4. Check Initial Status of Low Pressure System
5. Perform Leak Check of Machine Low Pressure System
f. Remove suction bulb, and reconnect fresh gas hose.
6. Turn on Machine Master Switch and all other necessary electrical equipment (not shown.)
7. Test Flowmeters
8. Adjust and Check Scavenging System
valve and ventilator relief valve.
9. Calibrate O2 Monitor
10. Check Initial Status of Breathing System
11. Perform Leak Check of the Breathing System
12. Test Ventilation Systems and Unidirectional Valves