开放英语-4 复习题 一、交际英语
从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项 1、---- Hello, my name’s Zhao Yuefei. Are you a new student? ---- Yes, I am. ( ) Xiao Zhao. I’m Wang Wei.
A. How are you?
B. I’m fine. Thank you.
C. How do you do?
D. Nice to meet you 答案(D
2、---- How are you doing? ---- ( )
A. Nice to meet you.
B. Not too bad.
C. How do you do?
D. I’m doing my homework. 答案(B
3、---- Hi, Anita! What’s new with you?
---- ( )
A. Nothing much.
B. So bad.
C. This book is new.
D. Nice to meet you. 答案(A
4、---- Hello, Bob, I haven’t seen you for ages. How’s everything going? ---- ( )
A. Oh, I agree.
B. Good for you.
C. Just so so.
D. That’s right. 答案为C
5. ---- ( )
---- I am terribly busy these days.
A. How are you?
B. How are things with you, Bill?
C. What are you doing?
D. How do you do? 答案为B
6. ---- Welcome back, Mr. Smith! How about your business trip in Japan?
---- ( )
A. Don’t ask me.
B. Oh, fantastic! Mr. Mark is so satisfied with our project.
C. I don’t like the Japanese food.
D. Well, I’m looking forward to seeing you again. 答案(B 7. ---- Hi, there, everyone. We have a new roommate. This is Wu Ping. She’ll be in our class.
---- ( )
A. Where are you from?
B. How are you?
C. You are so beautiful.
D. How do you do, Xiao Wu? Welcome to our dorm. 答案(D
8. ---- Good night and thanks again. ---- ( )
A. You can’t say that.
B. Good night.
C. How can you say that?
D. Oh ,no. It’s what I can do. 答案(B
9. ---- Listen, I’ve really got to run. We'll have to get together again sometime.
---- ( )
A. Yes, it’s great fun.
B. OK, when shall we get together again?
C. Oh, it’s a pity for you.
D. Ok, see you. 答案(B
10. ---- Mrs. Johnson, I come to say good-bye. This party was very good.
---- ( )
A. Have a pleasant journey. I will miss you
B. Do you really like it?
C. I’m happy you enjoyed it.
D. Why not stay here a little longer? 答案(C
11. ---- Hello, everybody. ( ), a friend of mine.
---- Glad to meet you. I’m Sam.
A. He is Jack
B. This is Jack
C. She is Sue
D. You must have met each other before 答案(B
12. ---- I'm leaving for Europe on business next Saturday.
---- ( )
A. I’ll miss you.
B. Have a good trip.
C. You are so lucky.
D. I hate Europe. 答案(B
13. ---- Would you mind my opening this window? It's getting stuffy in here.
---- ( )
A. I don’t like it.
B. Not at all, go ahead.
C. Yes, please.
D. Sure, please. 答案(B
14. ---- Hello, may I talk to the Mrs. Chen now? ---- ( )
A. Sorry, he is not available at the moment.
B. No, you can’t.
C. Sorry, I don’t know.
D. Who are you? 答案(A
15. ---- Do you mind if I smoke in the office?
---- ( )
A. Good idea
B. Yes. I’d rather not.
C. Yes, I do.
D. No, thanks. 答案(B
16. ---- I’m sorry. Mr. Riding is not in his office.
---- ( )
A. Would you like to leave a message?
B. Can you take a message for me?
C. Can you phone me?
D. Are you sure for that? 答案(B
17. ---- I won’t go with you to the concert next month. ---- ( )
A. For what?
C. Why not?
D. Why? 答案(D
18. ---- Oh, I have a terrible toothache. ---- ( )
A. I told you not to eat much sugar.
B. What’s the matter with you?
C. You’d better go to see a dentist.
D. I know that feeling. 答案(C
19. ---- What shall we do this Saturday?
---- ( )
A. I don’t know.
B. Why not climb the mountain?
C. What do you think?
D. Sorry, I’m busy. 答案(B
20. ---- Would you mind helping me?
---- ( )
A. What can I do for you?
B. I have no idea.
C. Sorry, I’m busy now.
D. I would love to. 答案(D
21. ---- ( )
---- Thank you. I can manage it myself.
A. Here you are.
B. These are your mails.
C. Can I help you with your suitcase?
D. What can I do for? 答案(C
22. ---- Please give me a hand to print out the report, won't you?
---- ( )
A. Of course I will.
B. You’re welcome.
C. You are so kind.
D. Don’t mention it. 答案(A
23. ---- May I help you clean the window, Miss Li?
---- ( )
A. I’d really appreciate it if you could.
B. No, you can not do that.
C. It’s my duty.
D. You may. 答案(A
24. ---- Can I get you anything while I’m out?
---- ( )
A. You can not be out this time.
B. If you happen to go by a post office, could you have this package weighed?
C. Thank you.
D. Could I go out with you? 答案(B
25. ---- Can I borrow a book from the library?
---- ( )
A. Yes, you can.
B. No, you can not.
C. How long will you lend it?
D. You may? 答案(A
从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项 1. The kids are kept( ) tidying up the desk.
A. busy with
B. busying with
C. busy in
D. to busy in 答案(C
2. The water is too hot ( ).
A. to drinking
B. to drink
C. to be drinked
D. for drink 答案(B
3. --- Would you ( ) holding the umbrella for me for a while?
D. please 答案(C
4. I don’t understand what she said ( ).
A. in all
B. after all
C. at all
D. all about 答案(C
5. We ( ) in the river near our village when we were little girls.
A. used to swim
B. used to swimming
C. are used to swimming
D. were used to swim 答案(A
6. This sentence is ( ) difficult ( ) few of the students can understand it.
B. very, that
C. so, that
D. such, that 答案(C
7. Please fill the three baskets ( ) flowers.
D. with 答案(D
8. Why ( ) the dinosaurs first?
A. don’t visit
B. not you visit
C. not visit
D. you not visit 答案(C
9. She promises that she will ( ) to me in three days.
A. return the money
B. return back the money
C. get the money back
D. pay back the money 答案(D
10. Have you finished your housework ( )? Yes. I have ( ) finished it.
A. yet, already
B. already, yet
C. ever, never
D. still, just 答案(A
11. It is a bad habit to ( ) others.
A. make a fun of
B. make fun to
C. make up for
D. make fun of 答案(D
12. You would always be ( ) two minds about so many things.
D. in 答案(D
13. I ran ( ) an old friend of mine yesterday, whom I hadn’t seen for years.
D. for 答案(A
14. When we are crossing the streets, we must look out ( )cars.
D. of 答案(B
15. The developing country has to ( ) to terms with those superpowers.
D. go 答案(，
16. ( ) I know, the new library will be completed in two months.
A. So far as
B. So long as
C. So far
D. As long as 答案(，
17. Is it money that comes between us? I ( ) deep into thought.
D. catch 答案(，
18. I am so glad that my students have ( )into the habit of ( ) English news every day.
A. formed; listening to
B. felt; listening to
C. fallen; listening to
D. 不填；to listen 答案(C
19. As my mother has been separated from her parents for forty years, she ( ) information
A. run out of
B. run short of
C. is short of
D. is short 答案(C
20. The orphan has to beg ( ) in the town every day.
A. from head to foot
B. from dawn till dark
C. from side to side
D. from door to door 答案(；
21. People will think well of the actions that ( ) the will of theirs.
A. go against
B. go with
C. turn over
D. destroy 答案(：
22. Ms. Wang is waiting at her office. Please go and ( ) here.
A. pick out her
B. pick up her
C. pick her out
D. pick her up 答案(；
23. By his genius he ( ) all these old stories ( ) masterpieces of his life.
A. put; into
B. turned; into
C. wrote; as
D. set; as 答案(：
24. The little horse is afraid ( ) on the narrow bridge, for it is afraid ( ) into the river.
A. to walk; to fall
B. of walking; to fall
C. to walk; of falling
D. of walking; of falling 答案(C
25. If Tony ( ) that late film last night, he wouldn’t be so sleepy.
A. didn’t see
B. haven’t seen
C. wouldn’t have seen
D. hadn’t seen 答案(D
26. ( ) I would go there myself.
A. were I you
B. I were you
C. If I had been you
D. Had I been you 答案(A
27. Her new job required that he ( ) at the factory on weekends.
D. would be 答案(A
28. Betty’s suggestion that you ( ) once more sounds reasonable.
C. must try
D. can try 答案(A
29. What would you do if you ( )to meet with bad weather?
B. are going
D. are 答案(A
30. But for Mr. Wang, we ( ) such a happy life now.
A. wouldn’t be living
B. won’t be living
C. couldn’t live
D. are not able to live 答案(A
The angry woman stood on the station platform (月台). “The railway should pay me ~14,” she
said to Tony Jenks, the man in the booking office. “My ticket was for June 26th, and there was no
ship from Jersey that night. My daughter and I had to stay in a hotel. It cost me ~14.” Tony was
worried. He remembered selling the woman a return ticket. “Come into the office, madam,” he said politely. “I’ll just check the Jersey timetable for June 26th.” The woman and her little girl followed him inside. She was quite right, as Tony soon discovered. There was no ship sailing on June 26th. How had he made such a careless mistake? Not knowing what to do, he smiled at the child. “You look sunburned (晒黑的),” he said to her. “Did you have a nice holiday in Jersey?” “Yes,” she answered shyly. “The beach was lovely. And I could swim too!” “That’s fine,” said Tony. “My little girl can’t swim a bit yet. Of course, she’s only three……” “I’m four,” the child said proudly. “I’ll soon be four and a half.” Tony turned to the mother. “I remember your ticket, madam,” he said. “But you didn’t get one for your daughter, did you?” “Er, well……” the woman looked at the child, “I mean — she hasn’t started school yet. She’s only four.” “A four-year-old
child must have a ticket, madam. A child’s return ticket to Jersey costs — let me see —~15.50.
So if you want the railway to pay ~14 for your hotel, you will have to pay the railway ~15.50
first. The law is the law, but since the fault was mine……” The woman stood up, took the child’s hand and left the office.
1. A return ticket is a ticket that __________.
A. allows a passenger to travel to a place
B. one buys when one returns
C. must be returned if one wants to get his money back
D. allows a passenger to travel to a place and return later
2. The man in the booking office mentioned the child’s ticket in order to __________.
A. send the woman away
B. get back ~15.50
C. say sorry to the woman
D. make clear the importance of the law
3. According to the railway law, a child __________.
A. must have a ticket just like a grown-up
B. can not travel without a ticket
C. below the age of four can travel without a ticket
D. can travel with grown-ups without a ticket
4. At last the woman got __________ from the railway booking office.
5. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. After checking the timetable Tony found there was a ship from Jersey on June 26th.
B. Tony said sorry to the woman and paid her ~14.
C. The woman did not travel at all to Jersey with her daughter to spend her holiday.
D. It was clear that the woman was not honest.
Paul Tibbets is a good-natured old man with thick white hair who speaks thoughtfully. The lively 85-year-old was the pilot and commander of the bomber who dropped the first-ever atom bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. He is a controversial (争议的) figure in world
history but most Americans regard him as a hero. Tibbets never tires of recalling the operation that was to shape the rest of his life. More than 140,000 people were killed in the atomic explosion and tens of thousands of others died from the after-effects of radiation (辐射). “I didn’t realize at the
time what effect dropping the atom bomb would have. Our aim was to do everything to beat the Japanese. They were our enemies and we were at war. We wanted to see an end to the killing so that our soldiers could come home,” said Tibbets. Although Tibbets was following orders he has
been forced to confront the moral impact of the bombing. His name became known throughout the world along with that of the plane used to drop the atom bomb. From that day on he is “the man who dropped the atom bomb”. “After the war I met President Truman,” said Tibbets. “He told me
I had done my duty and that if anyone criticized me for dropping the bomb I should send that person to see him because he gave me the order to do so.” The retired general has been around the world a lot since then but has never gone back to Japan.
1. What’s Paul Tibbets well-known for?
A. He is famous for his good appearance.
B. He is famous for his long life.
C. He is known for an excellent pilot.
D. He is known as the commander who dropped the first atom bomb in Japan. 答案(D
2. Paul Tibbets is a person __________.
A. who is regarded as a hero by all the people
B. who is regarded as a hero by most Americans
C. who knows well about Japanese cities
D. who knows well about world history
3. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. Tibbets tires of recalling the operation.
B. This operation affected the rest of Tibbet’s life greatly.
C. Fourteen thousand people died from the after -effects of radiation.
D. Only tens of thousands of people were killed by the atomic.
4. From the passage, we probably can know that __________.
A. Tibbets clearly knew the effect about dropping the atom bomb at first
B. Soldiers were eager to end the war as quickly as possible
C. Tibbets’ name is well-known throughout the world with that plane
D. Tibbets needn’t face the moral complaint of bombing
5. The author’s description about Paul Tibbets is __________.
The crossword (纵横字谜) is the most popular word game in the world, but it has quite a short history. We know that the Romans wrote word squares and some people say that the Chinese had something like crossword games eight thousand years ago, but it is generally believed that the modern crossword game did not begin until 1913. In that year, a man called Arthur Wynne wrote a crossword game which was published in American Sunday newspaper called “New York World”. People who read the newspaper liked the crossword and so it became a regular feature of the paper. Then, in 1924, two American publishers, Simon and Schuster, decided to publish a whole book of crosswords, although they were not sure whether anyone would want to buy a copy. To incredible sales, they gave away a free pencil and a free eraser with each book. The book was a huge success and very soon crosswords became the most popular game in the USA. Arthur Wynne moved to England and, on 2 November 1924, one of his crossword games was printed in “Sunday Express”. Some people say this was the first crossword published in England but other people claim that the first appeared in “Pearson’s Magazine” in February 1922. Then, on 11 January 1925, the first Prize
Crossword was printed, in “Sunday Times”. Everyone in England was doing crosswords ? even Queen Mary, the Queen of England, and her Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin. And crosswords were believed to be the most important feature of British social life at that time. The enthusiasm for crosswords continued until this day.
1. Modern crossword began __________.
A. eight thousand years ago
B. in 1913
C. in the Roman
D. in the China
2. Who created the modern crossword game first?
A. The Romans.
B. The Chinese.
C. Arthur Wynne.
D. Simon and Schuster.
3. In order to make the book success, what did the two American publishers do?
A. They provide a free pencil and a free rubber with each book.
B. They decided to lower the price of the book.
C. The crossword games designed easily by them.