The Johnson Controls
Building Efficiency Lifetime Leadership Award
BELL Award Nomination Form
Johnson Controls is proud to open nominations for the second annual Building Efficiency Lifetime Leadership award, given for individual leadership in the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries. The BELL awards
will be presented during the Johnson Controls Green Tie Affair during each year’s Greenbuild conference if one
or more deserving nominees have been selected.
Winners will be selected based on demonstrated leadership over many years in one or more of the following
categories: Energy Efficiency in Buildings, Energy Policy Development/Advocacy, Energy Efficient Product
Development/Deployment, Renewable Energy, or Leadership in Energy Efficiency Communications. Nominations
will be made by peers and the final selection(s) will be made by a Johnson Controls Awards Committee.* Thank
you for taking the time to nominate outstanding individuals in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Please complete this form electronically, and email it as a Word file to Sandra Buettner (Sandra.email@example.com).
Or you may FAX the nomination form to Sandra at 414-347-0221. Include additional pages if necessary (also
electronically, in the same document). Please return this form no later than August 31, 2009.
Nominee: Name: Employer: Position:
1. Category or Categories: Individuals are eligible for nomination in the following categories:
Energy Efficiency in Buildings
Energy Policy Development/Advocacy
Energy Efficient Product Development/Deployment
Energy Efficiency Communications
2. Description: Describe, in detail, the nominee’s leadership activities and achievements in the field of
energy efficiency, energy policy, or renewable energy.
3. Sustained Impact: Describe, in detail, the way in which the nominee’s activities and achievements
have been both long-term and positive in terms of the impact on energy efficiency or renewable energy.
4. Ingenuity: Describe, in detail, the ways in which the nominee’s achievements are unique and which distinguish the nominee from his/her peers.
5. Leadership: Describe how the nominee has shown leadership among his/her peers in fostering the
promotion of energy efficiency or renewable energy.
6. Other Information: Describe any other information that you believe the selection committee should
consider when evaluating this nominee.
* The Awards Committee will include Johnson Controls executive leadership, the energy & sustainability
vice president, and two or more industry leaders from outside of Johnson Controls.