(An Autonomous Scientific Society under Department of Information Technology, GoI)
6, CGO Complex, Lodi road,
New Delhi – 110003.
(Ph. No. 24364701; FAX No. 24392043)
Tender Enquiry No.: EI-D/GA/5-36/2008 thDate: 16 September, 2008 thDue Date: 6 October, 2008 (3.00 P.M.) thOpening of Bids: 6 October, 2008 (3.30 P.M.)
Subject : Engagement of Liaison Agency for ERNET India – reg.
ERNET India, a scientific society under the Department of Information Technology, Govt.
of India has been set up to provide state of the art, communication infrastructure and service to
the academic and research community in India. The Society intends to engage services of a
reputed Liaison Agency for Commissioning and maintenance of Leased lines from MTNL/BSNL.
In addition, Society also intends to put Routers/Modems under AMC contract.
2. ERNET India has set up National Backbone connecting all PoPs. ERNET India is
connected to many of the institutions in and around ERNET India’s PoP (list of PoP enclosed in
Annexure-1) on the backbone either through terrestrial or radio link depending upon feasibility.
There are at present about 200 terrestrial links of 64 Kbps/2Mbps connecting ERNET PoPs to
various user organizations across the country. The numbers of links (terrestrial) are expected to
increase to about 100 in next 6 months. Types of connectivity being provided by ERNET India
are as under:
iv) Leased Line (64 Kbps-2 Mbps)
v) Radio Link (64 Kbps – 2 Mbps) in 2.4 GHz and 5.4 GHz
vi) VSAT 1.8 M TDM/TDMA 3.8 M SCPC, DAMA;
vii) Long Distance Leased Line including Local Loops (64 Kbps – 2 Mbps)
List of present User Leased Line Links are enclosed at Annexure-2.
3. For inter and intra city services for providing the above connectivity, ERNET India intends
to outsource services like:
i) Filling of application to MTNL/BSNL for release of Terrestrial leased links.
ii) Installation, Commissioning of Terrestrial links including end to end testing of
the link configuration of modems and Routers.
iii) Testing of link and demonstration of the successful performance of the link to
user by browsing from the user site.
iv) Obtaining commissioning report from the user.
v) Maintenance of Terrestrial Links.
vi) AMC of Router installed for user links.
vii) AMC of modems installed at the user end as well as the PoP end, for the
leased line links.
-: 2 :-
Tender No. EI-D/GA/5-36/2008
For provision of these services, you are required to liaison with various agencies including
Detailed activities for maintaining and commissioning ERNET India’s Leased Line links are
mentioned in Annexure-3.
In addition to the comprehensive Leased Line link maintenance ERNET India wishes to
put the Routers/Modems installed for ERNET VSAT links.
4. The Bidder should have experience of minimum 5 years in providing similar services to at
least 3 users on countrywide basis having large size of WAN network.
(i) The Tenderer should be able to provide services at all the existing PoPs (List
enclosed) of ERNET India. The services will also be needed at Ahemdabad, Jaipur,
Allahabd and Trivandrum. Tenderer should have their engineer/arrangement at all
(ii) The Tenderer should be willing to sign Service Level Agreement (SLA).
(iii) The selected Tenderer would be required to sign a Performance Guarantee for
98% uptime of links.
(iv) The tenderer/organization would be required to provide a resident engineer for the
PoP where number of links are more than 10.
(v) Tenderer must provide names of the customers and details of the links being
maintained by them.
(vi) Tenderer must be maintaining minimum of 3 parties who have more than 100no of
links country wide. The bidder should submit purchase order in support of this.
(vii) Any Complain need to be attended within ? hour of report of fault.
5. The Tenderer should have experience of minimum of 3 years of maintaining Leased Line
modems and Routers(Cisco Router). In case of failure of modems or routers, the tenderer is
required to provide replacement for the failed equipment, till the failed equipment has not been
6. Tenderers are requested to kindly submit details about their experience in providing
services detailed above. Tenderer should submit complete details about how they would provide
services. Please submit your bids in two separate covers. First cover indicating “COVER FOR
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION” should consist of only details of services being offered along with literature, pamphlets, drawing etc. Price column in this cover should be kept blank. Second
cover indicating, “COVER FOR PRICE BID” should consist the same details of first cover as well as price details (as in the format in Annexure-5) also. Both the covers should first be sealed
separately, and then both the covers should be kept in a single sealed bigger cover. This cover
addressed by name to the officer signing this enquiry should be submitted before due date and
7. Bids should be valid for a minimum period of 180 days after the due date.
8. Envelope should bear the inscription:
“Quotation for Liaison Agency for ERNET India”
“Tender Enquiry No.: EI-D/GA/5-36/2008”
“Due Date & Time: 6th October, 2008 (3.00 P.M.)” th“Opening of Bids: 6 October, 2008 (3.30 P.M.)”
Tender No. EI-D/GA/5-36/2008- :3: -
th9. The Bids must reach the undersigned on or before the due date, i.e., 6 October, 2008 by
3.00 P.M.. Bids received after the due date & time is liable to be rejected. In the event of due date
being a closed holiday or declared Holiday for Central Government offices, the due date for
submission of the bids will be the following working day at the appointed time & venue.
10. It may, however, be noted that an uptime of 98% would be taken as threshold point for
maintenance of the links and for every 1% below 98% of uptime for any link, penalty of 5% of the
cost of maintenance of the links would be imposed.
11. The payment would be released after satisfactory completion of commissioning. However,
the payment for maintenance of the link would be released after completion of each quarter.
12. The successful bidder would be required to furnish a Performance Bank Guarantee
amounting to Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakhs only) drawn in favour of ERNET India on any
Indian Nationalized Bank valid for the period of one year from the date of the award of the
contract, within 15 days of award of contract.
13. All the bidders are requested to submit Demand Draft for Rs.2,000/- towards tender fee, in
case tender document is downloaded from the web site. In such case, Bid received without
tender fee will be rejected.
14. EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT
(i) Each quotation must be accompanied by Earnest Money Deposit of Rs. 50,000/-
(Rupees Fifty Thousands only) shall be in the form of Demand Draft/Pay
Order/Bank Guarantee of any Indian Nationalized Bank taken in favour of Chief
Finance officer, ERNET India, New Delhi. Bank Guarantee should be valid
minimum for a period of 180 days from due date of the quotation. Quotations received without Earnest Money Deposit are liable to be rejected.
(ii) Earnest Money is liable to be forfeited and bid is liable to be rejected, if the
tenderer withdraw or amends, impairs or derogates from the tender in any respect
within the period of validity of the tender.
(iii) The earnest money of all the unsuccessful tenderers will be returned after
placement of order on the selected vendor. No interest will be payable by ERNET
India on the Earnest Money Deposit.
(iv) The Earnest Money of successful bidder shall be returned after furnishing of
Performance Security in the form of Bank Guarantee drawn on any Indian
Nationalized Bank amounting to Rs.5,00,000/- in favour of ERNET India valid for a
period of one year with effect from the date of award of contract failing which EMD
shall be forfeited.
15. Rates quoted by the Vendor shall be final and no negotiation will be held.
Registrar & CPO
ANNEXURE-1 Tender No. EI-D/GA/5-36/2008 The PoPs of ERNET India are
1. ERNET Head Quarter , 6 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
2. C-DAC(Formerly NCST), Juhu, Andhari (West), Mumbai-49
3. Software Technology Parks of India, Block III, KSSIDC Complex, KEONICS Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore – 561 229
4. Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore – 560 012
5. Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Sector – 1, Block – AF, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata–700 064
6. University of Hyderabad, P. O. Central University Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500
7. Centre for Advanced Technology, Sukhniwas Palace, P. O. C.A.T., Indore – 452 013
8. Orissa Computer Application Centre, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
9. Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
– 600 036
10. IIT, Guwahati, North Guwahati, Guwahati – 781 031
11. Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Post Office, Kanpur
– 208 016
12. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Post Bag No. 4, Ganeshkhind, Pune –
13. DOEACC Centre (Foremerly Centre for Electronics Design and Technology in India), M.M.M.
Engineering College Campus, Deoria Road, Gorakhpur – 273 010
14. University of Rajasthan, UGC-Infonet Centre, New CDPE Building, Jaipur
15. Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management (IIITMK), Thiruvananthapuram –
Please note that the proposed links will be from any of the PoPs and the bidder will be required to
commission and maintain the links originating from these pops and terminating at the remote ends
Tender will be evaluated considering estimated as per the no of links mentioned in the Price Bid
Format. However, Purchase order will be issued only for the confirmed links.
List of Back Bone link and Gateway links are mentioned below. List of existing user links are in
Tender No. EI-D/GA/5-36/2008
List of Leased Lines to be put under comprehensive AMC
Description of Date of Name of Institute SNo PoP end Equipments Commissioning /Organisation
Acharya N.G. Ranga Active
1. Agricultural LL -512 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 18 Apr, 2005 UOH-HYD
University,Hyderabad Conventional link
Active Agharkar Research 2. LL -512 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 03 Jan, 2005 IUCAA-PUNE Institute.,Pune Conventional link
3. AICTE Headquaters.,Delhi LL -1 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 29 Aug, 2002 EIS-DELHI
Active Ambedkar Institute Of 4. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 05 Mar, 2007 EIS-DELHI Technology,Delhi MLLN link
5. Anna University.,Chennai LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 19 Mar, 2008 IIT-Ch
6. B.J.Medical College,Pune LL -2 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 30 Sep,2006 IUCAA-PUNE
Babasaheb Bhimrao Active
7. Ambedkar LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 26 Mar, 2008 IIT-KAN
University,Lucknow Conventional link
Active Banaras Hindu 8. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 23 Aug, 2006 IIT-KAN University,Varanasi Conventional link
Active Banglore 9. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 19 Mar, 2008 IISC_BLR University.,Bangalore Conventional link
Active Barkatullah 10. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 18 Mar, 2008 CAT-INDORE Vishwavidyalaya,Bhopal Conventional link
Bengal Engineering & Active
11. Science University, LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 01 Nov, 2007 VECC-CAL
Howrah,Howrah Conventional link
Router-1721 12. Bharati Vidyapeeth,Pune LL -2 Mbps 1:1 26 Mar, 2008 IUCAA-PUNE Conventional link
Active Bombay Veterinary 13. LL -256 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 25 Jan,2005 NCST-MUM College,Mumbai Conventional link
14. Bose Institute,Kolkata LL -1 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 20 Dec,2004 VECC-CAL
West Bengal University of Active
15. Animal & Fishery LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 29 May,2008 VECC-CAL
Sciences,Kolkata Conventional link
Active West Bengal University Of 16. LL -64 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 19 Apr,2004 VECC-CAL Technology,Kolkata Conventional link
Active C-DOT, Banglore, 17. LL -2 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 20 Aug,2003 IISC_BLR Bangalore Conventional link
Active CCS Haryana Agricultural 18. LL -512 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 29 Apr,2005 EIS-DELHI University,Hisar Conventional link
Active Central Arid Zone
Active Kurukshetra 80. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 07 Nov,2007 EIS-DELHI Univ,Kurukshetra Conventional link
Madras Research Centre of Active
81. Central Marine Fisheries LL -128 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 26 Feb,2005 IIT-Ch
Research Institute,Chennai Conventional link
Maharana Pratap Active
82. University of Agriculture & LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 01 May,2007 EIS-DELHI
Technolgy,Udaipur Conventional link
Disconnected 83. Bose Main Campus - PoP LL -2 Mbps 1:1 20 Dec,2006 PoP at Bose Institute, Kokata
Active Maharishi Dayanand 84. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 07 Nov,2007 EIS-DELHI University,Rohtak User End-MLLN
Active Mahatma Gandhi Kashi 85. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 26 Mar,2008 IIT-KAN Vidyapeeth,Varanasi Conventional link
Active Maulana Azad National 86. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 26 Mar,2008 UOH-HYD Urdu Univ.,Hyderabad Conventional link
Bose Institute Madhyam 87. LL 2Mbps Bose Institute PoP, Kolkata Gram
National Academy of Active
88. Agricultural Research LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1721 10 May,2007 EIS-DELHI
Mgmt.,Hyderabad Conventional link
Active National Aids Research 89. LL -2 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 30 Sep,2006 IUCAA-PUNE Institute,Pune MLLN
Active National Bureau of Plant & 90. LL -1 Mbps 1:3 Router-1721 06 Aug,2007 EIS-DELHI Genetin Resources,Delhi Conventional link
National Bureau of Plant Active
91. Genetic LL -128 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 13 Apr,2005 UOH-HYD
Resources,Hyderabad Conventional link
National Bureau of Soil Active
92. Survey And Land Use LL -128 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 01 Apr,2005 VECC-CAL
Planning,Kolkata Conventional link
National Bureau of Soil Active
93. Survey& Land Use LL -128 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 28 Jan,2005 IISC_BLR
Planning,Bangalore Conventional link
Active National Centre for Router-1721 94. Agricultural Economics and LL -512 Kbps 1:1 09 Apr,2007 EIS-DELHI Conventional link Policy Research,Delhi
National Dairy Research Router-1721 95. LL -512 Kbps 1:3 05 Feb,2005 EIS-DELHI Institute, Karnal Conventional link
Active National Inst of Res on Jute 96. LL -256 Kbps 1:3 Router-1721 01 Apr,2005 EIS-DELHI &Allied Fibre Tech,Kolkata Conventional link
National Institute of Active
97. Education Planning and LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 02 Mar,2006 EIS-DELHI
Administration,New Delhi Conventional link
National Institute of Active
98. Fashion Technology, New LL -2 Mbps 1:2 User Router 23 Aug,2007 EIS-DELHI
Active National Institute of Public
Active Vidyasagar University 158. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 16 June,2008 VECC-CAL West Bengal Conventional link
Active Vishva Bharti University 159. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 28 June,2008 VECC-CAL West Bengal Conventional link
Mangalore University Router-1841 160. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 5 July,2008 IISC_BLR Karanataka MLLN
Gulbarga University Router-1841 161. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 3 July,2008 IISC_BLR Karanataka Conventional link
Sri Chandersekharendra Active
162. Saraswathi Viswa Maha LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 1 July,2008 IIT-Ch
Vidyalaya, Kanchipuram Conventional link
Active Bunndelkhand University 163. LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 4 July, 2008 IIT-KAN Jhansi MLLN
164. NIXI-Kolkatta LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1720 Existing VECC-CAL
165. NIXI-Mumbai LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1720 Existing NCST-MUM
166. CDAC Bangalore LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1720 Existing STPI_BLR
Active 167. CDAC-QOS Bangalore LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Existing STPI_BLR Conventional link
Active 168. IIT Guwahati Backbone LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Existing VECC-CAL Conventional link
Active 169. ICMR HQ,Delhi LL -2 Mbps 1:1 16 May,2008 EIS-DELHI MLLN
170. ICMR TRC Chennai LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 16 May,2008 ICMR HQ
171. ICMR NJILM Agra LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 9 May,2008 ICMR HQ
172. ICMR NICED Calcutta LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 2 June,2008 ICMR HQ
173. ICMR NIN Hyderabad LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 4 June,2008 ICMR HQ
174. ICMR NIRH Mumbai LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 4 July,2008 ICMR HQ
175. ICMR NIV Pune LL -2 Mbps 1:1 Router-1841 13 June,2008 ICMR HQ
176. SJCIT, Bangalore LL -64 Kbps Router-1720 Existing IISC_BLR
1. No of Intercity Links 66
2. No of Intra city Links 110
3. No of links for which modems not under warranty, to be maintained 159 4. No of links for which modems under warranty, to be maintained 17 5. No of links for which routers not under warranty, to be maintained 148 6. No of links for which routers under warranty, to be maintained 28
** Bidder will ensure arranging refund from BSNL/MTNL for any access amount paid for a link/link
to be commissioned.
** Purchase order/work order will be issued as per actual no of links/modem pairs to be maintained
Scope of Works of the liaison agency for ERNET India
Commissioning of the links:
1. Collection/submission of Application form—the agency will collect duly filled applications
for new links from ERNET India and submit in MTNL/BSNL accordingly.
2. Collection of demand note from MTNL/BSNL -- the agency will collect demand note raised
by MTNL/BSNL, for any link and handover to ERNET Personnel. The demand note is to be
handed over to ERNET India within maximum of 2 weeks from submission of the application.
3. Deposition of payments- - the agency will collect the payments against demand notes
raised by MTNL/BSNL, from ERNET India and deposit the payments in MTNL/BSNL, accordingly.
4. Collection of the money receipts in original and hand over to ERNET personnel.
5. Commissioning of link to be completed within maximum period of 4 weeks from release of
payments against demand note.
6. Commissioning includes end to end testing, connection of router and testing the internet
access by connecting at least single PC to the router.
7. Obtaining of Commissioning Report from the user for the link and hand it over to ERNET
Maintenance of the links:
1. Collection of payments for any link against demand notes raised by MTNL/BSNL for
2. Deposition of payments, released by ERNET India/ user for the link at BSNL/MTNL
3. Collection of the money receipts in original and the same will be handed to ERNET
4. To resolve all the problems related to the links. All faults are to be rectified within 4
5. If any problem related to link is reported the link to be tested by connecting a single
PC/lap-top computer to the router.