Study Group: Week 1
Foundations (8,000 B.C.E. - 600 C.E.)
Scribe: ________________________________________ Meeting Location: _________________________ Time: _______________
Scribe: Each week a different person in the group must submit written answers from the study group. If electronic, answers must be e-mailed to Mrs. Hering (email@example.com) from that person’s e-mail address.
Before meeting: Assign each member of the group a theme from the Change Analysis Chart to be completed before the meeting. Rotate themes each week so no one does the same theme. If you have less than 5 people in a group, do the remaining themes as a group, or divide
them as desired.
Activity 1: Change Analysis Chart
Each member should share their theme with the group. A completed chart filled out by the scribe must be turned in by MONDAY.
Theme Basic Features at Key Continuities Basic Features at Reasons for Change or
Beginning of period End of period Continuities Key Changes
3. Politics (Statebuilding,
4. Economics (Agriculture,
5. Social (Gender
family, racial &
Activity 2: Discussion Questions
Go around the group and discuss the following questions. No written answers need to be submitted.
1. Compare the civilizations of Egypt and Mesopotamia.
2. What impact did Legalism and Confucianism have on Classical China?
3. What was the Indian caste system?
4. What legacies did Ancient Greece and Rome leave on world history?
5. Describe each of the following belief systems, their roots, and significance: Judaism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and