SK-02 Skin Analyzer User Manual
SK-02 provide visual and quantifiable of your skin and reveal what your mirror cannot. SK-02 adopts the state-of-art technology “Bio-Impedance Analysis (BIA）” to take a measurable approach to skin care and provide the skin profile scores such as moisture, oiliness
and dead cell thickness. SK-02 has elegant shape and lipstick size for easy carry.
The easy three steps let you know your skin anywhere and anytime.
Step 1, take off the cap and press the button to power on.
Step 2, please put the two contacting dots on your skin tightly and SK-02 starts to measure your skin.
Step 3, when the measurement is completed, one beep signal appears. The LCD display will show the scores. Now, you can read the skin
ASK-02 provides numeric assessment. It is important tool for personal skin care and also
very professional assistant for skin care consultant.
1. Turn and open the batteries cap. Put into two LR-44 batteries, turn and close the battery cap tightly. All the symbols will be turned on for one second to ensure all parts of the LCD is functioning properly.
2. Press the measuring button. The icons on the LCD display will be lighted up from left to right, from
place the two contacting dots tightly on the part of skin you want to measure for 3~4 seconds. After measurement is completed, one ‘Bi’ will be heard and now it is ready to read the scores.
3. The automatic shut-off function will activate after the symbols flash for 15 times, if you do not take next measurement. In continuous measurement, start each operation again from the point 2.
4. To power off, please press the measuring button, the symbol on LCD display will flash for 15 times then power off.
A Column 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Percentage of water < 32 32-33 33-34 34-37 37-39 39-41 > 41
Moisture Skin Type Very Dry skin Dry skin Normal Skin Very moisture skin skin
The result is below column 3, that means the skin is very dry.
Column 4, means dry skin Reference Column 5～6, means normal skin
Column 8 and above, means very moisture skin
A Column 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Very dry Very oily Skin Type Dry skin Normal Skin Oily Skin skin skin
The result is below column 2, means very dry skin
Column 3～8, means normal skin Reference
Column 9 and above, means oily skin
3. Roughness (dead cells thickness)：
Column -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5
Skin Type Soft Skin Normal Skin Rough Skin
The result is column –5～–2, means soft skin
Column –1～+1, means normal skin Reference
Column +2 and above, means rough skin, skin has more dead cells
4. The relation of Moisture and dead cells.
Moist Level vs. Cuticle Thickness
25 Oil level20 Moist level 15RougnessMoist %
DHOW TO READ READING:
1. MOIST means moist/water level of skin
2. OIL means oil level of skin
3. On the top two columns, “Moist and Oil”,
the icons are shown from left to right. The higher the levels, the more icons are shown.
“A” means the average level.
4. SOFT and ROUGH means thickness of cuticle
5. Icons are always shown from the central “0” and to right and left. Icons on the left means skin is softer than average by how many levels.
Icons on right side mean skin is rougher than average by how many levels.
Model number SK-02
Display LCD Display
Measurement method BIA
Body length Ø13*90mm Dimension Including protective cap Ø13*105mm + 10? ～ + 40? Operating Temperature
- 20? ～ + 60? Storage Temperature
Battery 3V, LR-44 x 2pcs
Battery life Approx. 1,000 times measurement
1. Please use battery: LR-44
2. Please do not put battery in contrary direction, this may cause damage for SK-02.
3. Please keep the contacting dots clean and dry. Please wet the soft cloth with clean water and then clean the contacting dots.
Please do not use alcohol or other liquid to clean it.
4. Please do not use SK-02 to measure the parts of wound or bleeding. If the person has allergy for metal, please do not use SK-02.
GTo know your skin, to care your skin
Natural skin type, food, beverage, health condition, lifestyle, seasons and environments will all affect the skin. To have quantifiable skin measurement can enhance the understanding on your skin and help to care your skin. Here, the valuable information is provided to know your skin.
If we simply classify the skin types with moisture, oiliness and the dead cells thickness, they have three skin types: dry skin, oily skin and complex skin.
The symptoms most associated with dry skin include: scaling, itching, cracks in the skin.. At its best it can feel tight and itchy after washing. At its worse it can be flaky with little patches of dandruff. Sometimes in your eyebrows and tendency to premature ageing with the emergence of fine lines and wrinkles. This kind of skin requires soothing care to look its best. Dry skin is caused by many factors. For example our environmental changes in winter time, there is less humidity. Our skin and hair become dry.
The skin loses moisture and may crack and peel, or become irritated and inflamed. Bathing too frequently, especially with harsh soaps, may contribute to dry skin. Eczema may cause dry skin.
How to Care
It may help to change your bathing habits:
? Keep baths or showers short.
? Use warm (not hot) water.
? Use as little soap as possible. Limit its use to face, armpits, and genitals if you can. Try mild cleansers like Aveeno or Cetaphil or mild soaps like Neutrogena or Dove.
? Dry your skin thoroughly but gently -- pat, DON'T rub.
? Take baths or showers less often.
Also, increase skin and body moisture:
? Use bath oils and moisturizers at least daily. Thick, greasy moisturizers work best. Avoid products with alcohol. Apply just after a bath or shower, when your skin is still damp.
? Use a humidifier if the air is dry.
? Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous oil secreting glands overproduce more oil than is needed for proper lubrication of the body's skin. This excess oil can clog pores and also cause skin blemishes. Oily skin is probably mainly a factor of heredity, but it is known to be affected by factors such as diet, hormone levels, and lifestyle. Humidity and hot weather can also stimulate the sebaceous glands into producing more oil than normal. Because human skin tends to become dryer with aging, and because of the hormonal changes of adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. At other times in people's lives hormonal changes may occur that can be a problem like menopause. Oily skin does has some positive aspects. It is slow to develop age spots and discoloration, fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. It doesn't freckle or turn red in the sun on the contrary; it usually tans evenly and very beautifully. On the negative side, oily skin is vulnerable to "breakouts" well past adolescence and has a chronically shiny appearance, an oily or greasy feeling, as well as enlarged pores.
How to Care
The most important thing you can do for oily skin is to keep your skin clean using warm water and soap, or a soapless cleanser. Always remember that the skin around your eyes is very delicate. Remove your make-up with a non-oily remover by using a cotton wool. Follow with a gentle foaming facial wash; this is a good choice than ordinary soap. Massage gently over damp skin with your fingertips. Rinse away the soapy suds with warm water. Take a cotton wool with a refreshing astringent lotion. Continue until the cotton wool comes up completely clean. Do not forget your oily skin needs moisturizer cream.
Many people have skin that is oily only in certain areas and dry or normal in others, a condition known as "combination" skin. Normally, T-zone (the chin, forehead, nose) and the upper back tend to be oilier than other areas of the body.
How to Care
Your combination skin needs special care, because you have dry and oily areas. Use a cleanser, which is suitable for you. This will ensure all areas of your skin are clean and that the pores on your nose are kept clean to prevent blackheads and skin blemishes. For refreshing your skin, choose the right toner and sweep over your skin with a cotton pad. Moisturize smoothly onto your entire skin. This will give your skin the nourishment it needs.
H Why I need SK-02?
1. Air-conditioned room, different working environments, different seasons, these can affect your skin. SK-02 can tell your skin profile scores to pay more attention on skin care.
2. To see the real performance of the skin care products. Fantastic measurement tool for cosmetic sales persons and also skin care product consumers.
3. To compare the different skin care products and to know which is the most suitable for you. This could let you choose the right skin care products and save you more time and money.
4. After luxury SPA course, you would like know to the result of skin improvement. SK-02 can help you to know better. Very professional tool for both the skin consultant and the consumer in beauty care salon.
5. SK-02 is good reference for the persons who need special care on skin, new born babies, diabetes.
SK-02 skin analyzer is guaranteed for a period of one year from the date of purchase against mechanical and electrical manufacturing defects. There are no user serviceable parts inside the instrument. Any attempted repair by unauthorized persons voids the warranty.
JSK-02 is offering a reference value of oil, moist and cuticle, not designed for medical