L’Oreal Company Profile
At L’ORÉAL, we believe that everyone aspires to beauty. Our mission is to help men and women around the world realise that aspiration, and express their
individual personalities to the full. This is what gives meaning and value to our business, and to the working lives of our employees. We are proud of our work.
FACTS & FIGURES
- A century of expertise in cosmetics
- ? 17.5 billion consolidated sales in 2009
- 23 global brands*
- 130 countries
- 64 600 employees
- 674 patents filed in 2009.
* These brands' annual sales are superior to 50 million euros FINANCE
2009 annual results
- Sales: ? 17.5 billion
- Operating profit: ? 2.5 billion
- Net earnings per share (1): ? 3.42
- Dividend (2): ? 1.55
(1) Diluted net earnings per share based on net profit excluding non-recurrent items after minority interest.
(2) Dividend to be proposed to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on April 27th 2009.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- 3 313 employees of 60 different nationalities working in 30 different disciplines. - ? 609 million dedicated to cosmetic and dermatological research in 2009
- 18 research centers across the world & 13 evaluation centers - 1/3 of the R&D budget devoted to Advanced Research
- 5 000 formulas developed each year
- 674 patents filed in 2009
- 100 active cooperation agreements with leading academic and research institutions. HUMAN RESOURCES
64 600 employees in 66 countries
A commitment to developing the competencies and expertise of all employees to support the group’s continued growth:
- 5 development centers around the globe - in Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro, Dubai, New York and Paris
- An online, next-generation learning offer
- A wide range of in-house tailored training programmes
A global recruitment strategy:
- Ground-breaking business games: Reveal by L'Oréal the new revolutionary business game, and L'Oréal Brandstorm the creative marketing game. - A strategy of continuous recruitment of talented graduates. - A vigorous management trainee programme, strongly focused on our rapidly developing markets.
- Internship opportunities: 80% of young graduates hired in 2009 were former L'Oréal interns.
A strong commitment to diversity:
- 110 nationalities
- 57% of managers and 38% of management committee members are women
- over 7 500 managers in 32 countries have attended L'Oréal's diversity training programme L'Oréal is ranked among the world's most attractive employers (n?3 worldwide among FMCG companies for business students) (2009 Universum survey). OPERATIONS
- 38 factories around the world
- 4,9 billion units manufactured in 2009
- 97% of factories are ISO 14001and OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001 and VPP certified - 100% of L'Oréal's industrial sites audited with standard SA 8000