Manufactured Home Permit Application - All mobile homes

By Randy Davis,2014-05-06 09:10
11 views 0
Manufactured Home Permit Application - All mobile homes



    City of Yakima - Code Administration Office ndnd2 Floor 129 N 2 Street, Yakima, WA 98901

    Phone: (509) 575-6126 Fax: (509) 576-6576

    effective January 1, 2009

? All mobile homes, manufactured homes, and modular homes placed in the City of Yakima are required to

    have an installation permit. Contact the City Code Administration Office for information.

    ? Placement permit fees are as follows:

    Single Wide Home $290.07 Double Wide $342.79 Triple-Wide $395.58

     (Private property and mobile home parks same fee).

    ? Your dealer or installer may assist you in providing the information required on the” application checklist”

    found on the following page. The information shall include the following:

    1. Name, address and phone number of applicant.

    2. Name, address and phone number of dealership where unit was purchased. (If purchased from a

    private party, this requirement is not applicable).

    3. When placed in a mobile home park:

    a. The name of park, and space number. A site plan of the space is required. Adjacent

    structures shall be spaced a minimum of ten (10) feet from newly placed unit.

    4. On private property:

    a. Provide a site plan showing lot dimensions. Provide dimensions and location of

    manufactured home on lot. Check with the City Planning Division for zoning regulations and

    setback requirements.

    5. Provide the manufacturer, model, serial number and year the home was manufactured. (If not a new

    home, provide the original title, or Auditors registration.

    6. Provide a floor plan of the manufactured home.

    7. Provide value or purchase price of the home.

    8. Placement permits must include the name, certification number and expiration date of the installer.

    Homeowners (must live in unit) may install their own home without being certified.


    The Planning Division will guide you through the process of the Land-Use application (for mobile homes

    constructed prior to June 15, 1976).

    Contact Code Administration for connection fees for City water and sewer services. Fees shall be paid prior to

    connection. If sewer service is not available the applicant will receive a copy of the application and plot plan to be

    taken to the Yakima County Health District to obtain a drain field and septic tank clearance. The County Health stDistrict is located at 104 N 1 Street. Call 575-4040. If City water is not available the applicant shall contact the WA State Dept. of Ecology for information and permission to drill a well. The Dept. of Ecology is located at 15 W

    Yakima Ave. Call 575-2490.

    After receiving approvals from the Dept of Ecology and Health District a copy of the permit shall be included with

    the building permit application.

? Additions, covered porches/decks or uncovered decks over 30 inches above finished grade require a

    separate building permit.

    ? Electrical permits are required from the Department of Labor and Industries, 15 W Yakima Ave. (509) 454-


    ? Prior to any structure demolitions contact the Yakima Co. Clean Air for approval. Clean Air office is ndlocated at 6 S 2 St. Rm 1016 or call 834-2050. Evidence of approval shall be submitted to City Code

    Administration when a demo permit is required.

     ndstA moving permit is required by the Yakima County Treasurer’s office, 128 N 2 St St., 1 Floor.

     In order for their office to issue this permit, the applicant must provide proof a placement permit has

    been issued by the appropriate jurisdiction.


    (Homes constructed prior to June 15, 1976)

    Mobile homes that do not meet the applicable H.U.D. manufactured housing standards of June 15, 1976, must pass a

    Fire Safety Inspection performed by the Washington State Department of labor & Industries, Mobile Home Division

    before an installation permit will be issued. For further information contact:

     Department of Labor & Industries (509) 454-3760

     15 W Yakima Ave., Yakima, WA 98902

A CERTIFIED INSTALLER IS REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT FOR INSTALLATION WORK FOR: Connection to on-site sewer and water and/or extending the hot water pressure relief valve/drain

    Assembling forms for concrete Installing supports, piers, anchors and tiedowns

    Set-up Skirting

    A CERTIFIED INSTALLER IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT FOR: Site preparation (excavating, grading, etc) Electrical work (licensed electrician needed)

    Plumbing (licensed plumber needed for other than Accessory decks, carports & garages (a

    simple connections) separate permit is required)

    Pouring concrete into forms Set-back inspection

NOTE: If the home is being altered from its original factory condition, an alteration permit from the Department of Labor and Industries is



    The owner of the project/parcel is responsible for requesting all inspections for the home placement


    1. Setback inspection: Have all the property corners marked so the setbacks can be verified and home is

    not located in a floodway or floodplain (if applicable)

    2. Footing inspection:

    ? Inspection to verify the footing dimensions, reinforcement and anchor locations per the insert sheet

    provided at the time of application.

    ? Inspection of the site where the home will be placed to verify that it has been cleared of vegetation.

    ? Inspection of forms for concrete runner placement. If runners are not used then the home location will

    have all vegetation removed from where the pads will be placed. The bottom of the perimeter bearing

    supports must be below the frost line (12 inches) to prevent frost heave.

    ? Installation for new homes must comply with the manufacture’s requirements or an architect or

    engineer’s design. Also, relocated homes must comply with ANSI A225.1-1994 or an architect or

    engineer’s design.


    1. Blocking: Marriage line, mainframe and perimeter blocking. New homes installed per the manufacture’s

    requirements or an architects or engineer’s design. Relocated homes per ANSI A225.1-1994 or an

    architects or engineer’s design. Marriage line connections at the floor and roof.

    2. Tiedown anchors: Proper placement of anchoring devices per the anchor manufacture’s installation

    requirements. Tiedown spacing for new homes must comply with the manufacture’s requirements or and

    architects or engineer’s design. Tiedown spacing for relocated homes must comply with ANSI A225.1-1994

    or an architects or engineer’s design.

    ? If cable: Size, working load, clamps and turnbuckles. Must meet working load of 4725 lb.

    ? Open-end hooks are not acceptable.

    ? If strap: Single strap or double strap method. Installed per the manufacturer’s instructions.

    ? If ground anchor: Manufacturer’s installation instructions for the soil type.

    3. Plumbing: The installer provides a certificate of test for the water pipes, DWV, and gas piping. Proper

    materials shall be used for yard piping, condensate lines and pressure relief valve drain. Proper support of

    DWV and water pipes.

    4. Mechanical: Dryer duct and cross over duct.

    5. Insulation: Provide R-3 pipe insulation on water lines.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Skirting shall not be installed until the building inspector has inspected and approved the placement of

    the manufactured home


    1. Landings: A 36-inch square landing at each exterior door not more than 8 inches below the door threshold

    of an in-swinging door and not more than 1 inch below an out-swinging door.

    2. Stairs: Where required, 36 inches wide with minimum 9-inch run and a rise of not less than 4-inches nor

    more than 7 inches.

    3. Handrails: Where required, 34 to 38 inches above the nosing of the stair tread. 4. Guardrails: On decks 30 or more inches above the adjacent grade, railing shall be 36 inches high with

    openings spaced so that a 4 inches cannot pass through.

    5. Under floor access and ventilation: Provide an 18-inch by 24 inch under floor access. Provide 1

    square foot of ventilation for every 150 square feet of under floor area.

    5/6/2010 9:11 AM

Report this document

For any questions or suggestions please email