Module 1How to learn English
2012-07-18 梅笑晗 一; 单词拼写
1. Our teacher is ________(改正)the papers now.
2. The story has been t_____________ into Chinese from English. 3. Can you r__________your words. I didn’t catch it just now.
)and _____________(语法)____________(错误) in his __________(笔记4. There are many ___________(拼写
5. Can I b____________ your ____________(手表)！ There is something wrong with mine. 6. Don’t f____________ to send the ____________(收音机)and ____________(报纸) to the _______(害羞
7. I _________(猜想？认为) the music _______(组？组合)wishes to give an___________(良好的？优秀
8. ___________(记住)to take a _________(深的)____________(呼吸) before __________(开始)the
9. 学期___________ 信息______________ 语言______________ 基本的___________ 微笑___________
放置______________ 分数__________________ 一起_______________
记下？写下_______________ 互相_______________ 一直_________________ enjoy yourself________________
1. How about ___________(listen) to the radio or red a newspaper ______(介词)English.
How about ____________(say) the English names ________(介词)everything. 2. Check your English ___________________(通过听收音机).
3. Don’t forget ___________(watch)TV.
4. You should ______________________(记下你的错误)in your notebook. 5. Why don’t you write down the ________________(正确的拼写) next to the __________(错误).
-----------Why not ______ ___________ the ________________(正确的拼写) next to the
6. It is a great idea __________(check) your vocabulary notebook everyday.
7. But try __________(translate)every word.
-------------(否定句)______________________________ 8. I think everyone should _________(write)email massages to _____________(互相).
9. She can help me ____________(介词)my English.
10. Many students _______________________(要求得到建议)______(关于)improving their English.
11. I enjoy ___________(watch)TV and _________(listen) to real English songs. 12. This is a good way _______(learn) English.
1、His friend Jenny gave him some good ________. A. advise B. advices C. advice D. advises
2、It’s hard for me _________ this sentence _______ English.
A. to translate; into B. translate; into C. to translate; in D. translate; in
3、Lucy’s phone number is 5-6-3-2-6-4, please on a piece of paper.
A. write down them B. write them down C. write it down D. write down it
4、How about _________? A. go hiking B. to going to hike C. go hike D. going hiking
5、Remember ________ your homework here tomorrow. A. to bring B. to take C. bring D. take
6、_______ stop to have a rest? A. What about B. How about C. Why not to D. Would you like to
7. The beautiful sight _____ us ______ all our problems .
A. helps forgets B. help forgets C. helps forget D.help forgets 8. ________ book on the desk is _______ useful one. A. The an B. A a C. The a D. The X 9. Linda often ________ her homework in the evening, but this evening she __________ TV. A. does, watches B. is doing , watches C. does , is watching D. is doing , is watching 10. He is very sorry _____ that. A. hear B. to hear C. hears D. hearing 11. Are you enjoying ____ in our city? A. stay B. to stay C. stays D. staying 12. Thank you ________ your answers ________ my questions. A. to to B. with to C. for to D. on
It is interesting to visit another country, but there were sometimes problems when we don’t know the 1 very well. It may
be 2 to talk with the people there. We may not know how to use the telephone in the country we are visiting. We may not
know how to buy the 3 we need. In a 4 country we might not know where to eat or what to order in a 5 . It is not easy to
decide how 6 to tip ；给小费？waiters or taxi drivers. When we need help, we might not know how to ask for help. It is not pleasant to have an experience ；经历？ 7 that. 8 a short time, however, we learn what to do and what to 9 . We learn to
enjoy life in another country, and then we may be 10 to leave.
1，A. people B. country C. language D. words 2，A. easy B. difficult C. happy D. tired
3，A. things B. shopping C. something D. anything 4，A. strange B. known C. native D. new 5，A. school B. shop C. restaurant D. hospital 6，A. often B. many C. soon D. much
7，A. as B. for C. like D. with 8， A. Before B. After C. For D. In
9，A. speak B. talk C. tell D. say 10，A. sorry B. glad C. worried D. interested 六;阅读理解
I was in a strange city, besides I could not speak a word of the language. After having spent my first day in the town center, I
decided to lose my way on my second day, since I believed that this was the surest way of getting to know the strange city.
I rode on a bus for several stops, then got off it and walked on. The first two hours passed pleasantly enough. Then I decided to
turn back to my hotel for lunch. I wanted to ask the way. But the trouble was that the only word I knew of the language was the
name of the street my hotel was in.
I stopped to ask a newspaper-seller. He smiled and handed me a paper. I shook my head and repeated the name of the street and
he put the paper into my hands. I had to give him some money and went on my way. The next person I asked was a policeman.
The policeman listened to me carefully. There was a strange look in his eyes as he pointed left and right and left again. I nodded
politely and began walking in the direction he pointed.
About an hour passed and I noticed that the houses were getting fewer and fewer and green fields were seen on either side of
me. I knew the only thing left for me to do was to find the nearest railway station. 1、The writer believed that if you wanted to get to know a strange city, ___________.
A. You should go everywhere on foot B. You should have a map C. You should ask people the way D. You should
2、The newspaper-seller __________. A. could understand what he said B. didn’t know what he said C. laughed at
him D. didn’t want to take the money
3、The writer’s real trouble was that __________.
A. he couldn’t speak the language B. he followed the policeman’s direction C. he took the wrong bus D. he left the
4、The policeman ___________. A. didn’t help him B. pointed at him C. didn’t understand what he really meant D. didn’t
know the way
5、Towards the end of the story, the writer ____________.
A. got closer to his hotel B. found that he was much farther away from the hotel
C. got to the hotel with the help of the policeman D. found the hotel in the direction the policeman poi