MISSISSIPPI LIBRARY COMMISSION
FY 2011 LSTA Award Application - Public Librarian Scholarship Program
RECOMMENDATION FOR MLC PUBLIC LIBRARIAN SCHOLARSHIP
To the Applicant:
Provide copies of this form to all persons completing recommendation form for you; complete numbers 1-3 on all three copies. Give the forms to the reference persons with an envelope pre-stamped and addressed as directed in the manual under “Subgrant Application Requirements”. Forms may be handwritten or typed on computer.
1. Applicant Name
2. E-Mail Address Work Phone Number Home Phone Number
3. Name of Person Writing the Recommendation Date Recommendation Must Be Received at MLC
To the Person Providing Recommendation:
The candidate listed above has asked for your recommendation for the Mississippi Library Commission Public
Librarian Scholarship Program. Letters of recommendation are important factors in the scholarship selection process. Send this form directly to the Mississippi Library Commission. We must receive a recommendation to process the
candidate’s scholarship application by the date listed above. If you have any questions you may contact the Mississippi Library Commission at 1-800-MISS-LIB. Thank you for taking the time to complete this recommendation form.
5. Current Relationship with Applicant
6. Mailing Address
State Zip Street Address City
7. Email Phone
Recommendation – Rankings
Please use the space provided below to answer the following questions with respect to candidate named above.
10. How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
11. Please rank the candidate in the following areas by placing an X in one box on each line.
Excellent Above Average Average Below Average Rankings (5 points) (3 points) (1 point) (0 points)
Commitment to a career in Mississippi public librarianship
Ability to build and maintain relationships
Recommendation – Narrative
MLC/Admin/GPM Page 1 of 2 09/2007
Knowledge of Public Librarianship
12. Describe the candidate’s knowledge of public librarianship and the potential for success in public librarianship in the state of Mississippi.
Communication & Problem Solving Skills
13. Describe the candidate’s analytical ability and problem solving skills, creativity, and ability to express thoughts clearly in written and spoken English.
14. Describe the candidate’s ability to plan ahead and execute projects, motivation to accomplish goals, perseverance, and ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
MLC/Admin/GPM Page 2 of 2 09/2007